Chapter twenty seven: deceived

Ariana's POV:

I never was so nervous in my entire life. I had to convince everyone in order to be with Quinn. I would do everything in my power to be with her. "Ariana, you need to focus. I know you constanly think about Quinn but for now you only have to think about your story. It's important that you tell it fluently and without any plotholes. Otherwise people will question it.", my mother explained while I was waiting to be called outside.

"I know Mom. But I achieved so much in my life and I have a lot of experience of hiding things thanks to Dad.", I said and she sighed. "What about Frankie?", I asked since he would ruin everything by going against me. "I talked to him and he said that he will stay silent as long as you don't put the blame on Mary. I tried my best but he was very stubborn. He even said that I should be grateful for him being silent at all.", she said and I growled very frustrated.

"But I have to blame Mary to make myself look innocent.", I said. "I know... I will talk to him again right after the press conference. He can't go against his family like that. But leave him to me. You should only make sure that your speech is believable.", she said and I nodded. I wouldn't let Mary win by going to jail. Quinn was mine and today was the day, she would finally accept that.

"Miss Grande, you have to be on stage in five minutes.", an employee told me and my heart was racing. Everything for Quinn. I knew she would wake up one day. She had to and I would be by her side forever and ever. I walked out of the dressing room, holding hands with my mother. I didn't know what I would do without her help.

I really wanted her to leave my father and to move in with me. We could be a real family again. She would bring Frankie on my side and then he could move in with his boyfriend as well... Me, Frankie, Mom and Quinn... That was such a beautiful picture. But first I had to take care of the mess Mary made. I waited on the entrance of the stage until someone waved to me as a sign to go on stage.

The room was silent. I could only hear the photographers taking pictures while the reporters were holding their microphones close to the podest. I took a deep breath before I started to speak, while my mother was standing behind me.

"Hello, as you probably know, I'm Ariana Grande and I'm accused of horrible things. I know how I look like after the incident on the Ellen show and if I only saw that like you did, I would think the same but all of you don't know the context. Quinn and I loved each other since high school and there always were so many people against it. My father and her entire family. Her sister Mary was always very protective of her, which was why she wanted to stop her from choosing the wrong path. In her eyes the wrong path was me. A girl. Quinn and I fought against it at first but then her mother died and Quinn felt like it was her fault for upsetting her by loving a girl and Mary blamed me for corrupting Quinn in the first place, which was why she attacked me.

I had to defend myself and by that I accidently pushed her too hard and she almost got paralysed. I felt so guilty and I offered to pay the best treatment she could get but instead she wanted me to stay away from Quinn. Quinn also couldn't forgive me especially after Mary told her that I started the fight but that was a lie. A lie to turn Quinn against me. After that Quinn broke up with me and we seperated. I followed my dream to become a singer and with hard work and time, I achieved everything I wanted but I still wasn't happy.

My heart felt empty without Quinn and I at least wanted her to know the truth, which was why I deceived her. I know it wasn't okay but after all the lies, her sister told her she would never come to me, so I had to trick her. At first she was angry but after she calmed down, she agreed to listen to me because I promised to never bother her again, if she just listened to what I had to say.

After I explained everything to her, she slowly started to piece everything together and realized that Mary tried everything to keep us apart. During so much time apart she realized that she missed me too and she decided to stay for a while and during this time, we found our way back to love and decided to go on a boat trip together. We were so happy but of course her sister didn't leave us alone. She told so many lies about me to the police to get me away from Quinn by letting me rot in a cell despite being innocent.