Chapter eleven: damaged love

Quinn's POV:

I had a free day today and I wanted to use it, to talk to Mary. I had no idea what Ariana planned but I knew that she tried to make me dependent on her. Why else should she hire me as her assistent and tell me she would write a positive review of my work, if I did a good job. Also her emotional outburst didn't seem like an outburst, it was way too controlled. She probably only did it, to see if she still had this control over me and unfortunately she had. I truly felt pity for her and let her kiss me... Only after I got home, I realized that she played me.

Mary told me she would help her boyfriend at his pub today so I immediately made my way to it. As soon as I arrived, Mary smiled brightly at me and offered me a chair right infront of the bar. "Quinny! I barely get to see because of your internship. Is everything going well?", she asked and I sighed. "Way too well. Ariana hired me as her assistent.", I told her and I noticed how her smile dropped. "This girl... Does she ever back off?", she asked very frustrated and I shook my head.

"I should've guessed it. She always was crazy. Listen Quinn, you don't have to do the internship. Just quit it and tell the principle that one employee hit on you. That way you won't get him suspicious about the Ariana scandal from the interview.", she told me and I rubbed my hand over my face very frustrated. "I can't. Mom and Dad would kill me...", I told her and she gently caressed my wrist. "Not if you tell them that Ariana is your boss. You know they hate her.", she said but still... I didn't want Ariana to beat me.

Even if I did quit, she would always find a way to force herself into my life so the chase would never stop. I had to learn to handle her and I couldn't do that by running away from her. I had to confront her. But our talk got interrupted by Roger coming in with a couple of magazines. Mary's eyes were immediately shining very bright when she saw him and he kissed her cheek as soon as he reached her.

I wished my love life could be so simple and pure... "Hey honey, where have you been?", she asked him and placed the magazines infront of her. "Getting some magazines so our customers can read, if they want to.", he replied and Mary started laughing. "As if, they come here to drink.", she replied and he put his arms around her. "Maybe it was an excuse for me to buy them because it's embarassing for me to be interested in them.", he said and gave her a peek on the lips while she giggled.

"Hey Quinn, are things good at the company?", he asked me and I quickly nodded but Mary had the urge to tell him more. "Actually not. Her boss is Ariana Grande.", she told him and his eyes widened. "The crazy one you told me about?!", he asked in shook and I angrily glared at my sister. How could she tell him?! "Don't look at me like that Quinny... He constanly asked me why I'm so protective over you and I trust him more than anyone so I told him the story about Ariana.", she explained but I still didn't like it.

"Listen Quinn, I love your sister so everything that's important to her is important to me. I would never tell her secrets or your secrets. I promise I will be there for you in the same way your sister is.", he told me and I looked at hin very amazed. He was nothing like the other boyfriends, Mary had and by the look of her face, I could tell that she finally found her true love. "I guess I can live with this.", I told them and they sighed out of relief.

"But you don't have to worry about Ariana being your boss. She probably is over you because she is engaged.", Roger then suddenly told me and I gasped very shocked. "No this can't be... She told me she was single.", I said but then he took one of the magazines in his hand to show me a specific page in it. "This page says 'Ariana Grande and Damien Fletcher announce their engagement. Two power families become one'", he read and showed it to me. My heart made a huge jump when I saw the picture of them together...

"Then she lied to me! All of this was just an act! She just played games with me!", I yelled very angry and they looked at me very worried. "Maybe you should be glad...", Mary wanted to calm me down but she couldn't. "Why should I? It's even more cruel of her to play me like that and even scare me when she has a fiance!", I yelled very angry and hid my face in my hands. What was Ariana's goal with this? Punish me because I didn't return a letter?