Chapter three: dangerous

Quinn's POV:

I just got back home after I listened to Ari's song and I couldn't believe what happened. I never thought I would be with her or any girl like that. My parents would never allow this so I tried my best to seem as normal as possible. They planned my whole life for me since I was born and I just couldn't do something that didn't fit with their vision. "You are late young lady. Why didn't you come home on time?", my mother asked me very reproachful and I flinched.

I totally forgot that I broke my curfew probably because the Ariana issue was worse. "I'm sorry Mom. Ariana got hurt and I wanted to make sure she is alright. You know that she is my best friend.", I told her and I tried not to blush when I mentioned Ari's name. My mother sighed and pointed at the kitchen chair for me to sit down. I slowly sat down across from her very unsure and nervously played with my thumbs while she looked at me very serious.

"Listen honey, I know she comes from a respected family but I think that this girl has some serious psychological problems. I just talked to Amber's Mom this evening and she said that Ariana seriously injured her daughter. You know that I'm so close to her Mom that she would never lie to me. Ariana has a very aggressive nature and I don't want her to be around you anymore.", she explained and my eyes widened.

This couldn't be true! Ari could never hurt a fly. Amber injured her and Ari probably just defended herself and since Amber always tried to be the victim, she probably lied to her mother. "I saw Ariana. She is the one, who got injured not the other way around! I know Ari better than anyone she would never hurt someone unless she had to defend herself.", I told her and she gently grabbed my hand.

"I know that you think you know her but this is not the first time I heard from her aggressive behaviour. I never told you because I didn't think those rumors were true since everyone tries to tell bad things about respected families but now I think that those rumors might be true.", she explained to me and I could tell that she was sincere but I couldn't believe this! Ari was always so sweet to me... There was no way she was violent.

"Mom I know you want the best for me but I know her better than you. She is a sweetheart.", I told her and she nodded but I knew she wasn't thrilled about my opinion. "Then at least promise me that you will be careful around her and please don't be close to her brother. I heard he is gay and I don't want you to be around such disgusting people.", she said and my heart stopped beating for a second.

It hurt my heart when she said that gay people were disgusting... I was about to cry but before tears could come out, I immediately walked to my room very fast. Just when I was about to open the door, I heard someone cough behind me. I quickly turned around and saw my sister standing behind me. "What do you want Mary?", I asked her very annoyed and she walked closer towards me. "I heard your conversation with Mom and I noticed how you defended your friend in a way, I would defend my boyfriend.", she said and grinned. I blushed and quickly went into my room but before I could lock the door, Mary stepped in as well.

"You don't have to be ashamed. A girl loving a girl is normal.", she said and I shook my head in panic. "Not for our parents and you know that. You have to promise me that you won't tell anyone.", I whispered to her very frustrated and she gently stroke my arm. "I always protected you since you were a baby. I would never do something that hurts you but in return you have to tell me all the details about you and Ariana.", she said and smiled while I couldn't hold back my grin anymore.

I actually should hate my big sister since she always was praised by my parents and I was not. She always was the perfect daughter while I was always the daughter that should improve herself by becoming more like her sister but Mary always cared more about me than my parents and made me feel loved. She taught me that I should be myself and not copy her just to please my parents. Therefore I could never hate her even though my parents still managed to put so much pressure on me.