Chapter thirteen: sweet or psycho

Quinn's POV:

"Mom the doctor told you to eat slowly.", I told her while I helped her with her meal. She got better lately but she still was very weak. I hated my father for not being here but I also knew that his work didn't allow him to come home and we needed the money. "Did you already talk to Illian about your gorgeous present?", she asked very happy and I forced myself to give her a warm smile. I mustn't upset her. I had to tell her what she wanted to hear in order for her to get better.

"I did. Everything is alright. Don't worry.", I told her and a bright smile was all over her face. "I don't understand why you don't like him but I'm glad that you slowly come to your senses.", she cheered very happy and I heard Mary coming into the kitchen. She looked at me with worried eyes while I continued to help my mother with her meal.

"Can I talk to you for a second?", she asked me and I looked at my mother but she only nodded. "It's alright honey. I can do the rest alone.", she told me and I nodded before I followed Mary into her room. "What was that yesterday?", she asked and I sighed. "Listen, I know Ari is difficult but she never meant to cause any harm or drama.", I explained to her but she only chuckled in disbelief.

"But she did and it didn't seem like an accident. Me and my boyfriend were respectful and polite to her while she didn't even hide her hatred. She even refused to shake Roger's hand and she didn't even know him. I'm the one she doesn't like and yet she was also rude to Roger. He even told me right after you left, that he never met someone so rude in his entire life.", she told me very upset and I got a lumb in my throat.

"She probably didn't mean to be. She was only upset that our dinner was interupted since she wanted to be alone with me.", I tried to explain but Mary only raised her eyebrow. "Stop being so blind. She knew what she was doing and she didn't seem to regret it because you are the only person, she wants to be liked by. Her only focus is on you and that is unhealthy. Quinny... This girl is delusional and you won't be happy with her. You should leave her before it's too late.", she told me and I didn't know what to do anymore.

I loved Ari but I also knew that her behaviour wasn't normal. I knew I should be worried but I couldn't bring myself to say no to her. I didn't know why... Was it because I truly wanted to be with her or because I was afraid of what she would do? She wouldn't give up so easily after all. "I know you're worried but please trust me. Ari wants me to be happy and I'm sure she will he nicer to you and Roger when I ask her to.", I told her and she sighed very frustrated.

"It's not just about that Quinny. She is totally unstable and I'm afraid that she can't control herself from doing something terrible in the future, even if she doesn't want to hurt you.", she told me very worried and deep down in my heart I knew she was right but leaving her again, could cause her worry to become true right away and I also didn't want to leave her... She always made me feel so special. "But I love her. You don't know how she is when I'm alone with her so please trust me.", I told her and she raised her eyebrow.

"Then I want you to look into my eyes and tell me that you can handle her crazy behaviour.", she demanded but I couldn't because I didn't know it myself. Before I could say anything, we suddenly heard a cry coming from the kitchen. We both flinched and immediately ran into the kitchen to see our mother laying on the floor. We quickly helped her stand and sat her back down on the chair. "Are you alright Mom?", I asked very worried and she nodded. "Yes. I was just clumsy.", she replied and I sighed out of relief. "You need to be more careful. Did you already take your medicine?", Mary asked her and she nodded.

"Could you call Dad Quinny? We should tell him about mother's state of health.", she asked me and I nodded before I went into my room while Mary stayed with Mom. I really hoped he could come and look for her soon. But my eyes widened when I looked at my phone and saw that I had over a hundred messages and fifty missed calls from Ari. The last time, I looked at my phone was right before I fell asleep so all of these messages and calls must've happened this morning.