Chapter 56

I woke up a little later than normal today and to my surprise, Chris was still holding me hostage against his chest. He usually gets up and gets to doing things before me but he must've chosen to sleep today. It would've been impossible to tell if he was awake too but as soon as I moved, he kissed my head. "Good morning, princess."

"You're still in bed?"

"Well I got up to go walk Dodge but then he wanted to get back into bed with you and quite frankly I was jealous so I got back in too. It's nice to sleep in sometimes except it's like 10 am and I need to feed you."

"Just give me a minute more here, please. It's nice to wake up with you still in bed with me for once."

"Whatever you need."

"You, I just need you." I murmured as I moved ever closer to him

We lay there for about 10 more minutes before I had to get up to go pee. He was getting dressed already by the time I was even trying to get out of bed and damn was it hard this morning. As soon as I stood up, he gasped and called my name. "Cassie."

"Yes, love?"

"Your bump?"

"My what?"

"Your belly, you're finally really showing. Look how visible it is now." He told me with a smile

I looked into the mirror and saw that you could very clearly see my stomach under the shirt of his I was wearing. There was no more hiding under sweaters. "Holy shit, no wonder I could barely stand up."

"It only took seven months for me to get what I wanted but there it is and you look even better than I imagined. Just in time for our maternity shoot tomorrow huh? He's already a punctual guy."

"Just like his daddy." I teased

Chris walked over and kneeled down in front of me before moving my shirt out of the way to kiss my stomach a few times. "Good morning, little chunky monkey. Be nice to your momma today for me."

"Chunky monkey?"

"Am I wrong? He's still measuring big isn't he?"

"Yes he is and that terrifies me."

"It'll be alright, I'll be there with you every step of the way along with amazing doctors and whoever else you need."

"That's complicated."

"Well let's go get you two fed and we can talk about it. It's totally up to you but I'd love to hear what you're thinking."

"I'd like that." I told him with a big smile as he stood back up

He leaned down to kiss me sweetly for a long moment before he grabbed my hand to walk to the kitchen. Jade and Sebastian were nowhere to be seen but Chris and Elsa were in the living room with the kids. We both said a quick hello to all of them and I ended up holding Tristan who was apparently having a clingy kind of day. I didn't bother putting him down when we went into the kitchen, I just took him with me to sit down. "You want to talk about this while he's in here?" Chris asked

"He's four, he doesn't understand."

"Solid point, cereal with fruit okay today?"

"Yeah but can I get some toast?"

"Anything you want."

"So you don't want a say in who's going to be in the room for our son's birth?"

"I mean I care who's in there but you're the one who's going to be in that vulnerable position. I'll give my opinion if you want it but I want yours first."