Chapter 24

My last week in Europe went by quickly with filming to finish and some last touches for the album along with trying to spend as much time with Jess as possible. She and I had met up three more times before I left and each time we just chatted and tried to learn as much about each other as possible. Yesterday was my first day back in the States and I slept most of the day because of jet lag. Despite being back in the same state, we still hadn't had much time to talk or be together since he'd been on set and I was passed out in bed. Dodger did tackle me when I arrived home and then he spent most of the day by my side. Chris woke me up with a soft kiss and gently said my name until my eyes opened. "Mm, good morning." I hummed as I stretched

"I've got to get in the shower and get to set but I want to at least say good morning to you, sleepyhead."

"So this isn't an invite for me to join you in the shower?"

"That's an open invite."

"Good, did you take Dodge out already?"

"We already went on our morning run."

"That would explain why you smell." I teased him with a giant smile

"Says the one with morning breath," he called back as he walked out of the room

"Rude." I started petting Dodger who was laying with his head on my stomach as he stared up at me. "You should bite dad for me later, buddy. I sure did miss your little furry face and I'm sure you're glad to have the person who buys the good treats back." 

After spending another minute with Dodger I finally got up and headed to the bathroom. I got into the shower with Chris and he immediately pulled me close and kissed me sweetly. "Are you coming with me to set today?"

"I guess I could." I teased, earning a nip on the neck from him. "I'm kidding, but you're going to have to come grocery shopping with me after."

"Deal, I need more shampoo. I think I'm out."

"It's under the sink, I'll grab it for you." I pecked his lips before I climbed out of the shower and went to grab it from under the sink. The bottle of shampoo was behind a box of tampons and as I reached for it, I started counting the days. "Hey, Chris."

"Yeah baby?" he peeked his head out and looked at me

"How long ago did you come out to see me the first time?"

"That was like 5 weeks ago, why?"

"Um, I'm late."

"For what...oh. Oh. Oh my, do you think you're?"

"I have no idea but my last period was before you came to see me but last time I was just late."

"Last time you were like three days late not six weeks late. Do you still have any tests?"

"No, I keep meaning to buy some just to keep around but I keep forgetting."

"Come back in the shower and when we're done, I'll go get some. Just try not to freak out, please?"

I climbed back into the shower with him and let the hot water wash over me. "What if I am?"

"What do you mean?"

"How would you feel?"

"Cassie, I'd be so beyond excited if you were but it's okay either way. How would you feel?"

"Scared."

"We did everything right, stressing yourself out is only going to make it worse honey. Just take a deep breath and try not to worry yourself too much."

"I can't go through that again, Chris I can't."

"You won't, it'll be okay. I'm going to take care of you and everything is going to be okay."