New Flesh - Current Joys

August pushed her long blonde curly hair out of her face as she walked into Jeff's house.

"Hey Augustine" Stone said as she walked up to them.

"Hey," She smiled.

"Jeff just went to get Eddie." Stone said handing her a coffee.

"Remind me who eddie is again." She said taking a big gulp of the coffee.

"Our lead singer." She nodded.

"Oh yeah that's right. I can get out of your hair then." She said.

"You can still come later though right?" Stone asked.

"Of course. I'll see you stoney"

"Bye." He sighed watching her leave. Stone and August had been friends for years and he was the one who initially got August to move into seattle. She was from a town called Leavenworth which was a small town near seattle. She was never a city person. She loved the outdoors and mountains. The state or washington was made for her. Stone allows thought she was a goddess almost. He thought she was the most perfect woman to bless the planet. Her long perfect curls and her bright green eyes. Don't even get him started on her year round freckles. Stone would do anything for her. He never would admit his feelings towards her because she was the most important person in his life and wouldn't want to lose her.

"Stone meet Eddie!" Jeff announced as he bursted through the door. He saw the man next to him. He was shorter and had long wavy hair.

"Nice to meet you man" Stone said patting him on the back.

"Yeah you too thanks for having me" Eddie smiled. "I'm gonna put my stuff down if that's alright."

"Yeah yeah of course" Jeff said.

They all hung out a little more before they wanted to work on some music downtown. Things were great eddie had lots of lyrics written and they had music. Music was blossoming and everyone was very excited to see where it was gonna do. They went back to Jeff's apartment planning on having some people over.

"Do you like him?" Chris asked Stone as they stood against the wall.

"Yeah he's really cool" Stone said taking a sip of his beer. "Hey have you heard from August lately?"

"Uhh not today no." Chris said.

"Oh okay, it's just that she isn't here yet."

"It's okay, I'm sure she just had something going on or something."

She didn't really. She was watching the sunset at discovery park before heading over.

She walked in the door taking off her jacket. She looked around and Eddie caught her eye immediately. He was standing in the kitchen sipping a beer while talking to chris. She walked over to them when she caught Chris' eye he smiled at her.

"Eddie this is dearest Augustine" Eddie smiled ay her with his blue eyes so sweetly.

"Or just August" She smiled and shook his hand.

"It's good to put a face to the name." Eddie said shyly.

"I could say the same." She said. Eddie noticed every little facial feature on her. He also noticed her imperfect curls much like his. She was gorgeous and down to earth.

"Want a beer?" Eddie asked.

"Uh yeah sure" She said. "Thanks" She said graciously taking it from him.

"No problem." He said lowly.

"Do you like everyone so far?" She asked him.

"Yeah, everyone's really friendly."

"They're a good group of people. Sometimes a little much but they are the best people you could surround yourself with in seattle." She said looking up at him. He nodded.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" Eddie said looking at her longer this time. "Any chance you were in san diego recently?"

"Yeah I went in June actually."

"Surfing?" Eddie asked her.

"Yeah." She said confused. "You surf too?"

"Yes, I'm from san diego."

"Small world" she said with a smile. "Come with me." She said grabbing his hand. He followed her outside.

"The best thing about washington is the stars." She said as they leaned up against the house. "It obviously doesn't come close to the ocean but.."

"No, it's beautiful." He said looking at he stars. August admired him as he was interred by the stars.

"You should see the hiking here." She added.

"Is it amazing?" He asked looking over at her, their shoulders brushing.

"It's insane, it's beautiful."

"You'll have to take me sometime." He said lighting a cigarette.

"Got yourself a deal." They both smiled.

"August?" She turned her head towards the door where the sound was coming from. She then saw stone peeking out of the door. "Oh... hey guys. I was just wondering where you were." He said pointing to August. She nodded. "Okay.. well I'm gonna  go back inside." He pointed backwards. He lingered in the doorway for a moment after holding his eye contact with her. He then looked flustered and went back in.

She looked forward while eddie stubbed out his cigarette. He then made his way to the door.

"Take me hiking tomorrow?" Eddie asked looking back at her.

"Of course." They both smiled and eddie went back into the house.

August looked at the stars for a little while longer before deciding to go back in.

"Look who decided to come back in." Chris said as August approached him. She gave him a smile and leaned up against the counter where he was.

"I think I'm gonna head home." She said.

"You're boring" Chris said pulling her in for a hug.

"I know I know" She said into his chest. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said going off into the next room.

She said a few more goodbyes and headed out to her car. As she was about to pull out of the driveway eddie appeared on the deck looking around. They linked eyes and he smiled waving.  He then ran to her car.

"I forgot to ask for your number." He said smiling.

"Oh.. yeah do you have something I can-" Before she could finish he pulled out a sharpie from his pocket. "Thanks" She smiled at wrote it on his arm.

"I'll.. uhhh.. see you tomorrow." He said.

"Bye Eddie." He smiled and went back inside.