"Guys, this is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever worn," Lavender mumbles as she comes into the room, fiddling with her corset.

"It's too cute!" Harper immediately puts down the pillow and goes over to Lav, inspecting her outfit.

She's wearing an off-the-shoulder white flowy mini dress topped with the black corset she tried on at the costume store, fishnet tights, black knee-high boots, and a red silk bandana tied on her head.

I've run out of words to describe her.
She just looks like my world, everything I've ever wanted.

"Are you sure everyone's going to dress up?"

"Of course, it's a college party," Harper replies.

"You've never even been to a college party!" Lavender scolds.

"No... but I've seen many movies. They love dressing up and they love parties. It's a win-win. Come sit so I can do your guys' makeup."

Lynn and Lavender sit on the floor in front of Harper's body mirror. She paints Lynn's eyelids with a light green glittery eye shadow and does the same to Lavender but with brown. I watch with amusement as they do each other's makeup.

They finally get done and they all look very pretty but I can't keep my eyes off Lavender. If she'd let me touch her, I probably wouldn't take my hands off her either.

Harper has an idea to take pictures so she grabs her Polaroid out of her closet as well as pulling the camera app on her phone.

She yells at me when I turn on the light, saying the sun setting was perfect lighting or whatever.

The room gets loud and chaotic as everyone spams pictures with the phone and camera getting all up in everyone's face. Harper turns her lamp all different types of colors to get different photos.

I observe one photo in particular. Lavender and Theo face each other as they put their hands on their cheeks, making shocked faces.

"Let me see that one," I mumble to Harper taking the picture.

She gives me the Polaroid picture and walks away to take more photos.

I hold it up to my face. I mostly notice the way they're looking at each other. If she really does like him then I shouldn't ruin that. I want whatever she wants. If what she wants is him, then so be it.

I slowly look at Lavender to see her talking with Theo. I notice her slightly turning her head before she looks at me too. We stare at each other for a quiet moment before she's getting pulled into another photo.

I sigh and clear my throat as I walk closer to the group. I hand the photo to Lavender and she confusingly looks up at me.

I love it when she looks at me.

I give a single reassuring nod before Harper turns her lamp the normal color.

"Okay, okay," she says, out of breath for whatever reason. "Let's go!"

She shoves all of us out of her room and sends us downstairs.

"Mi vida, ven a comer," Ms. Solana explains.