Secret Surprise

Since everything was ready, you sat down and waited for your lovely boyfriend. You saw him coming and quickly rushed over to him and picked him up by the waist, spinning him around before setting him down and kissing him deeply. He blushed hard and giggled, kissing you back happily.

"I've missed you mi amore!" You exclaimed.

"You saw me just a few hours ago," he chuckled.

"That's too long," you smiled, "I got everything ready!"

"I can't wait!" he smiled excitedly.

"C'mon!" You held his hand and hurriedly returned back to the blanket for the picnic.

He saw the picnic and blushed, he was excited to have a proper date with you without interruptions. You sat down with him and opened the basket with the food, you put yours and his food on plates. You couldn't help but just stare at his beautiful face while you got everything ready. He was watching you the entire time then realized you were staring and he looked up at you and smiled with a very obvious blush spreading across his face. You looked away with an embarrassed blush and a soft smile before speaking.

"I hope you enjoy our first official date," you smiled as you looked back up at him.

"I already do," he blushed and averted his eyes from yours.

"We haven't even started it yet?" You tilted your head to the side as you asked this.

"Any time spent with you is perfect!" He smiled, having no idea that he was technically flirting.

"Aw..." A heavy blush filled your face as you smiled.

Bruno didn't realize he was flirting, but you knew he was, and it was so adorable to you. You sat across from him with a huge but soft and loving smile on your face, he was happily smiling back at you as he started eating. You were so lost in thought that you let your food sit there while you daydreamed about you and your boyfriend. Don't ask what it was about. Bruno noticed you staring off into space in his direction and cutely tilted his head to the side.

"Y/N? You alright?" He asked you while biting into his food.

"Hm?" You blushed as your mind came back down from the clouds, "oh! Um- Yes! Heh, sorry."

You smiled and took your food into your hands and began eating as Bruno giggled softly. The two of you talked while eating and enjoying each other's company while the sun continued to slowly set behind the mountain walls that surrounded the village. The more you both talked, the darker the sky became, until it was time for the secret surprise. You put all the food back into the basket and blew out the lantern before standing up and reaching your hand out for your boyfriend.

"What's going on?" He asked, his eyes full of curiosity and wonder with a wide smile on his face.

"You'll see," you smiled and helped him to his feet, "it's a surprise."

"Really? I love surprises!" He said excitedly as he held your hand in anticipation.

"Perfect," you smiled and walked out further into the field.

He looked confused but he was super excited to see what you had planned for the end of this date. You looked back at your boyfriend and he was smiling that beautiful smile of his that you would never get bored of seeing. You were far enough from the village for it to be pitch black. You held both of his hands and stood in front of him.

"Are you ready?" You asked with a smile.

"Yes!" He answered excitedly.

"Good, now then, do me a small favor and close your eyes until I say you can open them again, ok?" You ordered.

"Okay!" He smiled and closed his eyes.

"Perfect," you let go of his hands and backed away from him.

What do you think the secret surprise is?