Boring Day

You and Bruno walked home, his hand in yours while watching the sun slowly set behind the mountains. You stepped inside and put your coat on the rack and Bruno does the same after he takes his shoes off. Amaya, your mother, called from the kitchen that dinner was ready, so you and him walked over into the kitchen to eat what she made.

“Hola mis hijos, how was your day?” Amaya asked while setting the plates down.

“Stressful, to be honest,” you sat down.

“Scary,” Bruno mumbled while sitting down.

“Aterradora? How?” She asked.

“He’s scared of the chickens mamá,” you chuckled and started eating the soup that your mother made.

“They’re scary!” He whines back.

“They can be hurtful at times querido,” Mother states.

“Verdadero,” you agreed.

After dinner, you and Bruno took a shower, not at the same time, then got dressed. You took the first shower so you could make the bed for Bruno for when he got out. You felt little paws climbing up your pants and you look down to see some of his rats climbing up your leg to reach the bed, so you pick them up and gently place them down on the mattress. You got some rags and folded them together, placing the nest of rags in the corner of the room for his rats. They all cuddled up in the nest and you put a small blanket over them to keep them warm.

Soon after the bed was made, Bruno walked out of the bathroom in the pajamas that you bought for him, and he looked adorable in them. He walked over and climbed into bed, laying next to you as you both snuggled up under the blankets.

“I love you mi amor,” you whispered quietly.

“I love you too,” Bruno responded.

You smiled and kissed his head, to which he blushed and smiled back. You sat up and blew the candle out then laid back down. Bruno instantly clung to you as soon as you laid down, and he snuggled into your chest. You wrapped your arms around him and kissed his head again then closed your eyes. Bruno nuzzled his head into your chest and closed his eyes as well, very quickly falling asleep because of how tired he was from running all day to stay away from the demon chickens.

After a while, you fell asleep as well, also tired from running, but to catch the demon chickens instead of running away from them. You were also tired from moving every chicken back into the pen one by one after you and Bruno were done fixing it. The day you were going to ask him out on another day was soon approaching and you got more excited every passing second. It was going to be an amazing day, everything was already planned, he just had to say yes when you asked.

You slept peacefully throughout the night until you heard quiet whining from your boyfriend, and felt him squirming in your arms. You look down at him and realize he’s having a nightmare, so you tighten your grip and hold him closer, whispering loving things to him to try and calm him down. After a few more loving words, he stopped whining and stopped squirming as well. He tightened his grip around you and buried his face in your chest, going back to sleeping peacefully.

You smiled, happy to know that you were able to stop a nightmare. You closed your eyes again and kissed his head, happily falling back asleep. The next morning was exactly the same as any other, just you and Bruno going to work on the farm and then coming home to eat dinner and sleep. The following day was the same as well, and so was the day after that, and the one after that.

A farmer's work is never done and farmers don’t get to have days off, so even when the weekend came, you and Bruno still went to the farm to do your daily chores. Today though, you decided to make work a bit more fun by turning it into a game. Whoever finished their chores first won a kiss. It was a win-win, but still. You got half the list and Bruno got the other, and then you rang one of the donkey's bells and you both got to work.

The game was on.