Chicken Hunt

“Gotcha!” You yelled as you scooped up a rogue chicken that was trying to escape through the horse's fence, “thought you could get away from me?”

The chicken tried to run but you quickly put it in with the rest of the chickens you’ve caught. Bruno was watching from the safety of the top of the haystacks, cheering on his boyfriend and pointing out the ankle biters when he sees them. He pointed to an open pumpkin and a chicken hiding inside. You quietly crept up on the unsuspecting chicken, and just when it tried to get away, you grabbed it.

“Ha! Got ya!” You smile excitedly and put it with the others.

“Do you have them all yet??” Bruno asked.

“6, 7… I’m missing one,” you called out.

“Missing one!?” He yelled.

“Oh calm down scaredy cat,” you chuckled.

You walked away and continued looking for the last remaining chicken. You started getting frustrated when you couldn’t find it, but a scared scream interrupted your train of thought. Before you could fully turn around to see what was going on, your terrified boyfriend jumped into your arms with a small angry chicken following him. You laughed and put him down behind you, picking the chicken up gently.

“It’s not funny! That thing is a killer!” Bruno hid behind you.

“Oh yes mi amor, they are so evil,” you chuckled and took the last chicken to the others.

“They are!” He complained while following you.

You placed the last chicken with the others and walked over to the chicken wire.

“Would you like to make a jail for the murderers my love?” You smiled, holding up the wire cutters for him to take.

“Yes please!” He smiled.

“Ok, c’mon.”

He smiled happily and walked over, taking the wire cutters from you. You brought the chicken wire outside and placed it down on your work table. Bruno listened and cut the wire where he was told to, both of you were just happy to be doing something together.

You couldn’t wait to ask him on a date again, but you had too.