Dealing with anxiety

The next morning when you woke up, you had your breakfast and went to your farm. When you got there, Bruno was already waiting. He was looking around and playing with his fingers like he was nervous about something. You start to walk over to him and when he sees you his entire mood changes instantly. He stopped fiddling and smiled brightly at you which made you smile back.

"Y/n!!" He squealed happily.

"Good morning Bruno," you say softly with a smile.

"Hey, um I-I'm sorry I hugged you last night, I know I should have asked first, I'm sorry, I'll ask next time, I promise!" He said very nervously.

"Hey, hey, it's ok I didn't mind, I liked the hug, you are very warm and comfortable," you smiled, trying to comfort him.

"I still should have asked first," he muttered.

"You don't have to ask me, it's ok," you reassured him.

"But what if you didn't like it? Or you ended up hating me because I didn't ask? Or you ended up not wanting to be around me? Or ended up thinking I don't know what personal space is? Or, or" Bruno ranted.

"What has he been through for him to act like this?" you thought to yourself.

"It's ok Bruno, I promise if you ever make me uncomfortable in any way, I will tell you", you softly told him.

"But what if I go too far by accident and you hate me instantly??" He quickly responded.

He started fidgeting with his hands again so you decided to hold them. Your hands were soft and warm even though you worked with your hands all day. He stopped talking and looked at your hands holding his. His hands were smaller than yours so they fit perfectly. His face got a bit red and he looked away. You realized what you did and pulled your hands away quickly.

"I am so sorry, I-I don't know why I did that!" You stuttered.

"...you have soft hands," he mumbled, then looked up at you.

"Oh, um, thank you," you smiled.

His face seemed to get a little bit more red and he smiled back. You realize your face was warm and you both look away. You were both blushing. You hear a tiny child laughing and so you and Bruno look up to see little Antonio riding in on his leopard. The leopard stops and swings Antonio into your arms. You laugh a little then put him down, he tugs on Brunos shirt and he holds up a rat.

"Tío, your rats told me that you were having an, anxiety attack?" Little Antonio says.

*squeak*

"Yeah, I don't know what that means, but they seemed worried," he smiles.

"Oh, um, heh, y-yeah" Bruno mumbles, looking away.

"Don't worry Antonio, I handled it," you rub his head and smile.

*squeak*

"Tío, they say they love you very much," Antonio smiles brightly.

"They do...?" Bruno says happily, tearing up and hugging all his rats.

Antonio giggles and hugs his tíos leg happily. You smile when Bruno leans down and hugs him back. It reminded you of your family. Only you and your mother survived the invasion years back, you lost your father and 3 year old little brother in the fires, he looked a lot like Antonio, so you've been treating him like your little brother so you could be the older sibling you never got to be.

"Thank you Toñito, thats exactly what I needed to hear," Bruno assured.

"Your welcome tío," Antonio exclaimed.

Pepa could be heard calling Antonio, so he climbed up on his leopard and left. You look at Bruno, who's cuddling his rats, and walk over to him.

"Is that why you were fidgeting?" you ask.

."..yeah, i'm so sorry you had to deal with that," Bruno apologized.

"You have no reason to apologize, you shouldnt feel the need to say sorry for something you have no control over," you told him.

"But-" you cut him off.

"No buts, don't apologize for something you can't control, understood?" You ordered.

"Uh, yes, understood," he blurts out, seeming a bit flustered.

"Good," you smile, "now, let's get to work!"

He smiles happily and grabs a bucket to water the plants and you grab the animal feed.