Learning to Farm

Breakfast. Just a normal everyday breakfast. No craziness whatsoever. Unless you're, well, you. As soon as you and Bruno sat down, him still struggling to wake up from his early wakening, your sweet old mother makes everything embarrassing very quickly. Bruno was too tired to understand what was going on. Sweet baby.

"You two looked so cute cuddled up together," Amaya comments.

"Mamá," you say irritated.

"Why do you guys wake up so early?" Bruno tiredly asks.

"Well your gonna have to get used to it if you're going to ma-"

"Working! Farm! Gotta wake up to work on the farm!" You interrupted with a very red face.

"That makes sense," he yawns, completely oblivious.

"How about you teach him how to farm, niño?" Your mother suggests.

Bruno lifted his head, not looking even remotely tired anymore, and had a huge smile on his face along with pleading eyes. He wanted you to teach him how to farm, so you had to say yes. How could you possibly say no to his face? After breakfast, you get ready like normal, but you also help Bruno get ready. You took your old shoes that didnt fit anymore out of the closet and gave them to Bruno to wear so his shoes didnt get dirty while working. You put on your own shoes after helping Bruno with his, then you both head to the farm. It was storming out, so either it was actual weather or Pepa wasnt very happy. Bruno didnt even notice though, he was too excited.

"Someones excited, huh?" You ask, chuckling.

"My mamá would never let me do this kind of thing," he said, seeming very happy.

"Oh? Why not?" You asked, curious.

"She says it's work for the village to do, and our family is too good for that dirty work," he explains.

"It's not fun if you dont get your hands dirty," you chuckle, nudging his arm with yours.

He smiles and agrees quickly. Even though it got you very pissed that Alma would even think about disrespecting the village that basically worships her old wrinkled raisin looking ass, but you didnt want to show that to the innocent bean in front of you who is literally having the time of his life jumping in puddles. Adorable angel. The first thing you teach him is what animal feed went to which animal, and how much to give them. He understandably got scared of the chickens, little demons, so you fed them for him. The little assholes attacked your ankle and scared Bruno for life, so he refuses to even gonna go near their pen again. Understandable.

"Pequeños demonios," he mumbles, walking away from the pen.

"Agreed," you said as you locked the chicken's pen door, glaring at the feathered demons.

"Never again," he crosses his arms.

You chuckle and lead him to the plants. Safe to say that he liked the plants way better than the chickens. Except when he got lost in the corn. You taught him how to navigate the corn fields after that. When you were gathering water for the animals, you left him alone so he could jump in puddles some more. You spent the entire morning working on the crops and playing in puddles together without a single care in the world. He easily had a very fun day and you made sure that he didnt think about that horrible nightmare or about his horrible mother.

There isnt a single thing you wouldnt do for him.