Meeting Bruno

Bruno's return was surprising to everyone, except Dolores, and not everyone enjoyed the thought of him back. The townspeople would avoid him and only a few people dared to talk to him. Rumors started quietly about his gift and how it was more of a curse. He was walking into town to find Mirabel to tell her about his new rat show. He walks around looking and soon gets lost, he doesn't remember the format of the land very well sense he was in the walls for 10 years. His rats are on his shoulders and they squeak him in different directions. They're rats, so he got even more lost.

"I don't think I should go that way," Bruno told one of the rats.

*Squeak*

"If you say so," he mumbled and went left like the rats said.

Bruno ended up in the forest and started calling Doloress name hoping she could hear him. He kept walking and calling her name. He started to panic as night fell. Tears grew in his eyes as it became too dark to see his own hands. He started crying and the rats tried to comfort him under the tree they sat down under. Bruno then started talking about how Dolores could hear him but just didnt care, but then he heard someone near him. It was someone from town, someone he hasn't met before. You.

"Is someone out here?" You asked, the lantern wasnt bright enough to see him yet.

"Y-Yes, over here," Bruno quietly spoke.

You walked over to where you heard the voice and saw the man curled up under a tree with rats all over him. You dont recognize him at first, but when the light shines on his face, you realize it's Bruno. You walk closer and kneel down to him, giving him a soft warm smile. He wiped his eyes and looked up at you nervously.

"What are you doing out here all alone and in the dark, Bruno?" You asked, curiously.

"I-I was looking for my niece this afternoon and I got lost..." he mumbled, embarrassed.

"And, she was in the woods?" You questioned.

"Dave gave me directions," he answered, pointing to one of the rats on him.

"Uh Maybe you shouldnt listen to rat directions," you chuckled.

He smiled a bit which made you smile. Some of his tension went away and he introduces you to all of the rats that are with him. You sat down with him and listened, saying hello to each rat. Bruno smiled again and then introduced Hernando and Jorge. You said hello to them as well and then Bruno came back with a smile. His rats cuddled up in Brunos shirt and then he looks at you.

"I introduced you to all of my friends, so, can you introduce yourself?" he asked.

"Of course! Im y/n, nice to officially meet you Bruno," you responded.

"Tío Bruno!?" Mirabel called out.

"Bruno! Where are you?" Pepa yelled.

"Tío Bruno? Say something!" Dolores yelled out.

Bruno heard them and stood up, calling out to them. Dolores and Pepa were with him first and Pepa hugged him tightly. He hugged her back and smiled, happy to have been finally found. You stood up and picked up the lantern, about to walk away when Bruno stops you and then introduces you to his family. Bruno was happy and it made you smile. You didnt believe the rumors that the townsfolk told about him, so seeing him smile made you feel happy.

"Hola Madrigal family, I am y/n from the west side of town," you smiled.

"Nice to meet you y/n, thank you for keeping our Bruno safe," Julieta thanked you.

"It was no problem ma'am," you responded.

Julieta gave Bruno a galleta in case he hurt himself and then hugged him tightly. You watched and smiled then said your goodbyes to everyone and successfully left this time, heading home. Bruno was taken home safely as well.