Nightmare

You were sleeping peacefully, dreaming about... stuff... when suddenly you feel a hand gently shake you awake. You jolted awake and sat up, seeing a dark figure take a step back. The dim light from the candle he was holding lit his face enough for you to recognize who it was. Bruno was standing in front of you, seeming very nervous and upset. Tears in his eyes upset, like he was just yelled at.

"Bruno? What's wrong? Why are you awake?" You ask calmly.

"C-Can I.. um.." he mumbles, too nervous to ask what he wanted too.

"Take a deep breath, calm down, talk slowly, take your time," you tell him, putting your hand on his.

"I-I'm sorry I woke you up..." he mumbles, letting a few tears fall.

"Hey, no, it's ok, I'm not mad," you cup his face with one hand, wiping the tears away with your thumb.

"I-I just wanted to ask, um.. c-can I.. um.." he fidgets with his hands before giving up and just putting his arms out in a hug like motion.

You didn't want to make him tell you something he didn't want to, so you just put the candle down and picked him up. He instantly wrapped his arms and legs around you like a toddler scared of the thunder. You didn't say anything and blew out the candle as you walked him back to your room. He definitely was not going to be letting you go any time soon, so you put the blown out candle down and climbed into bed, wrapping your arms around him.

"Is this what you were trying to ask?" You quietly ask the now sleepy Bruno.

All he does is nod tiredly and nuzzle his face into your chest. You couldn't see that his face was red, but you had a pretty good idea that he was. You both were. You move his hair out of his face before gently kissing his forehead. He hides his face even deeper into your chest and curls up like a sleeping kitten. You feel tiny paws crawling up your leg, followed by another set of paws, then another, then another.

"Bruno, do you have your rats with us?" You ask, jokingly.

He just nods again, almost already passed out. You smile and lay your head down, closing your eyes after the little trail of rats were done moving around. You went to talk again but Bruno was out cold before your head even touched the pillow. You just smiled again and finally went to sleep as well. This was better than your interrupted dream. Even though that was a very nice dream. Of, stuff.

"El desayuno está listo!" A loud voice from the kitchen yelled.

Your mothers breakfast call woke you up from yet another pleasant dream, but Bruno was still peacefully sleeping in your arms. It was now illegal to move, breathe too hard, or speak. Like when a cat chooses you as its temporary throne. You hear her calling again but you don't move, instead you just keep admiring the sweet little thing in your arms. Nothing can make you break the unspoken rule. Expect your mother walking through the door with a chancla in her hand.

"I'm going, I'm going-!" You quickly say, getting up.

"Eso es lo que pensé." Amaya said with her stern mother voice.

When she leaves the room, you see Bruno now sitting up and rubbing his still tired eyes. Your eyes move to the nightstand beside your bed and see four little rat heads peeking out of a basket with rags in it. Bruno made his rats their own bed for the night. He is just too pure and innocent. He looks up at you tiredly and gives a small sleepy smile. You smile back, being wide awake from your terrifying mother.

"Breakfast?" You ask.

"Yes please," he answers.

You take his hand in yours and lead him to the kitchen, sitting him down and kissing his head. You see his face get red, but because he was tired, he didnt react the same way he would have if he wasnt. Still adorable as ever though. You sat down and looked at him, a million thoughts rushing through your head.

He's the one.