Sickness

The following morning started off just like every other, waking up, getting ready for work, eating breakfast, and leaving for the farm for the day. The farm chores were the same as always and you split them in half for you and Bruno. It was easier and faster to get the farm work done now that you had someone to help. Unfortunately, the sun decided to be extra hot that day, so you were to do more work because the animals were drinking more water due to the heat. Them drinking a good amount of water was obviously good for them, but after a while, you started to feel the sun's effect on you.

“Hey, amor?” you call out for him.

“Yes?” He calls back from the field.

“Can you come here a second, please?” You ask while putting a wet, but clean, rag around your neck.

“Coming mi amor!” He responds while putting his water bucket down and walking over to you.

“I need to sit down for a while, can you finish these for me please?” You ask and hand him your list of chores.

There was only a few left so he nodded happily with a smile. He was just perfect. You sat down in the shade on top of a hay bale. You watch him from where you are and start thinking. Even though he obviously loves you, you can’t help but feel like our not doing enough to keep him happy. You try your hardest to make him feel loved every chance you get, but what if it’s not enough? What if it’s too much? There are so many things you could do that could accidentally ruin your relationship.

He’s perfect in every way possible. He’s a Madrigal, the most important family in our town, and you already made his mother hate you. He can see the future, he has a gift, you have nothing special about you, you’re just a farmer. He’s so caring and kind, you have what people consider to be a “bad attitude” and a “resting bitch face”, which you do, but that’s beside the point.

Suddenly you start to get nauseous and light-headed, and the next thing you know you’re kneeling over in the grass on the side of the barn with your very concerned boyfriend trying to comfort you. To your surprise, he picks you up and starts to carry you home.

‘And he’s strong!?’ you think to yourself.

You don’t remember anything after that, the only thing you remember is waking up in your bed near 5 pm. You open your eyes and look around confused, just then, the door opened and you see your amazing boyfriend walking over to you. He kneels down next to the bed and puts a cold wet rag on your head.

“How are you feeling..?” Bruno asks.

“Better now that your here,” you smile then cringe at your own words, “heh, that was cheesy.”

“I thought it was sweet,” Bruno smiles.

“What happened?” You ask, closing my eyes.

“You had a heat stroke and now you got heat sickness, that barn was really hot,” he explains.

“I guess I’m staying in bed for a while then, huh?” You ask, a bit annoyed.

“Yup! And I’m gonna take care of you until your better!” Bruno says happily.

“Aw.. you’re so sweet my love,” you open your eyes and smile at him.

He smiles and holds your hand, kissing the top of it before leaving to get you something to eat. That took you by surprise and it made you blush. You couldn’t ask for anyone better, because there isn’t anyone better. He's just that perfect.