Lunch

When Bruno tells you the idea, you get excited and rush to the shed next to the barn to get your tools. He smiled at your reaction then followed you after making sure Antonio was ok. You start a fire and put raw iron into a shaper to make a bucket. You werent a craftsman or anything, but you liked making your own things when you needed them and, just because you can, you had fun making little mini projects. When the iron turns to liquid, you put blocks that were shaped like stars and one of a moon directly at the top. Bruno was fidgeting with hands and was clearly very worried.

"Be careful!" "Don't get burnt!" "Please don't drop that!" "Are you sure your gloves are on all the way?"

He kept giving warnings and asking questions about your safety. You found it sweet that he kept looking out for you but you didn't want him to have an anxiety attack because he thinks you're gonna get hurt, so you take him outside and tell him to relax and keep an eye on Antonio. He was hesitant at first but after some convincing he sighs and agrees. You smile and go back inside to finish the project. When the bucket part was cooling and setting, you made a lid to fit on top. It was near noon when the iron was cooling so you went to find Bruno and Antonio to get lunch together.

"Bruno, Antonio. Where are you guys?" You call out for them.

"Shhhh," Antonio hushes you and points at the corner.

You were confused at first but when you looked into the corner you hushed quickly. Bruno was in the corner, laying on some hay, sleeping peacefully. You smiled softly and walked over to him, putting one of the blankets you kept in the barn over him. You decided to get Antonio home in time for lunch then make something for you and Bruno when you come back. Antonio happily went with you back home. When you returned back to the barn, you started to make sandwiches. You told Julieta that you and Bruno were going to have lunch so she didn't worry when he didn't show up. When Bruno woke up, he was very embarrassed that he fell asleep. He got up and looked around before going to look for you. You turn the corner and you both jump when you see each other.

"Bruno!!" You yelled, "you scared me!"

"I-I'm sorry! I didnt mean to!" he trembled with tears in his eyes.

"It's ok, it's ok," you quickly comforted him.

He was a bit emotional after just waking up so you hug him and apologize for yelling. He calms down and you bring out the sandwiches you made. He starts to tear up again and you thought he was upset but then he starts thanking you and getting really emotional about the nice gesture. You smiled at him and gave him his sandwich and bit into yours. You sit on the bridge over the river to eat with Bruno and he starts to calm down slowly. He yawns and leans on you with his head on your shoulder and his eyes closed without thinking when he finishes his lunch.

"Bruno, querido, what are you doing?" you ask softly.

"Hm?" he opens his eyes then moves quickly, getting embarrassed, "I-Im sorry!"

"No no no, it's ok, I dont mind!" you smile at him and place your hand on his.

You both freeze as your faces start to get red. You both quickly look away and Bruno hides his face in the hood of his poncho.

"Lo siento mucho," he mumbles quietly.

"Why are you sorry?" You ask, confused.

"I.. uh, well.. um.. I-I don't know," he answers, showing his face again.

"Don't be sorry, you did nothing wrong," you say as you get up with a smile.

"Where are you going?" he asks, looking up at you.

"Back to the barn, I gotta check on that idea, remember?" you answer.

"Oh yeah," he exclaimed with a big smile.

You smile softly and head back to the shed with him following close to you.