The Morning Before

Finally, the day of your and Bruno's date was that night. Your mind was filled with how wonderful this date would be that you couldn't focus on anything besides that. Just the thought of having a romantic kiss under the stars was enough to make your face turn red. Bruno was in charge of feeding the chickens that day though, so the only thing on his mind was how to avoid their pecks of death. He was convinced he would get overpowered by them and you would find them eating his body. Completely paranoid.

You thought about how to make him less scared so you could let your chickens wander as you used to, but nothing came to mind. You were still so focused on the date ahead that you had no other thoughts. Head empty, only Bruno. Surprisingly, Bruno didn't die to small little chickens this time, he got to live another day, so he celebrated the victory by glaring at the chickens but quickly ran to you once they looked back at him. He was sure that they were glaring back at him.

You found it cute that he was scared of tiny birds, but it made sense. Bruno had never even thought about going onto a farm before you came along. You never had to be scared of the animals because that's what you grew up with, your farm animals were your best friends.

"Those things are evil." he glared at the cage from the safety of your arms.

"So you didn't feed them?" You asked with a small sigh.

"No, I did! But I swear they were cussing at me in chicken," he grumbled.

"Well I'm proud of you for managing to get them their food," you smiled at him.

"Really?" He looked back at you with a small smile.

You nod and his smile widened, so yours did as well. Soon enough, the farm chores were finished. On the walk home, you wandered off as you and he walked and when he realized you weren't there anymore he looked around for you confused, only for you to pop back up and accidentally scare him. You chuckled a bit but apologized, holding out the flowers you just bought for him. He makes a small squeaking noise and takes them happily. You swore you fell in love with this adorable man all over again, his little happy squeals and squeaks were the cutest things you have ever heard.

"You got me flowers??" He squeaked.

"Sí, mi amor," you smiled, staring at him lovingly.

"Thank you, you're so sweet to me, I don't deserve you," he mumbles, looking down at the red and pink flowers in his hands.

"Awe, mi amor, you don't have to thank me for doing the bare minimum," you smiled at him as you hold his hand and continue reading.

He laid his head on your shoulder as you two walked home, happily staring at the bouquet of flowers you had bought him. He wasn't used to being treated like he meant something and was more than just what his gift was. His mother treated him as a curse after he received his "gift", the entire village followed after her and treated him with no respect or kindness when they saw him, it got so bad that he was banned from going to any gathering other than family ones.

He hasn't had the courage to tell anyone that he didn't like it or that he was more than what his gift, or curse, was. You noticed he was lost in thought so you kiss his head which snaps him out of his head and back into reality which made you chuckle. He blushed and smiled which made you smile as well seeing him smile instead of hiding. Just by that small detail, you noticed you knew he was getting more confident which made you feel even happier.

You and he made it home soon after noon. You opened the door and took off her shoes and coat before retreating to your room, Bruno did the same as you and followed right after like a lost puppy. You took your shirt off and looked over at him, smiling. He looked down and just stares in silence, blushing a bit.

"Uh, darling?" You asked.

"Yes?" He responded.

"My eyes are up here," you pointed to your face.

"I know," he continued to stare.

"Oh-" you blushed as you turned your head away, "well, I am going to go take a shower now."

He looked up at you and nodded as you walked to the bathroom to take the shower. He decided now was a good time to head home so he could change into something nicer for the date that night, so that's what he did. You knew he was going to be going there so it didn't cross his mind that you would be worried because you already knew. Bruno was hesitant at first but he managed to knock on the door to casita, who opened the doors to let him in. Camilo was in sight of the door so as soon as he saw his uncle, he ran over and practically tackled him to the floor.

Family reunion?