Surprise Guests

On your way home that night, you notice the light is still on in the kitchen at home. You and Bruno walk up to the front door and open it to find five kids at the kitchen table. Mirabel, Isabela, Luisa, Dolores, and Camilo.

"Tío Bruno!" They all shout and run to him, giving him a huge hug.

Bruno was startled at first but quickly hugged them back, happy to see them again.

"We've missed you!" Mirabel cheerfully says

"Abuela has been in such a bitchy mood-"

"Camilo!" Dolores glares at him.

'Oops,' you thought.

"Where did you learn that-??" Bruno asks, confused.

It goes quiet for a second and the kids look over at you. Well shit. You smile awkwardly and walk quickly to your room so Bruno can have time alone with his family. You hear him talk about having fun in the barn, how he hates the chickens and funny stories about his rats. So cute. You decide to take a bath so you head into the bathroom and run the water. You shut the door and get in the water after taking everything off and finally relax after a long day working. An hour or so goes by and you suddenly wake up. You didn't even realize you fell asleep until you looked up to see your wonderful but worried boyfriend. The bubbles were covering you enough, not that he was looking.

"Hi... um, so, you've been in here for, over an hour.. and I-I didn't know if you were ok, you didn't respond when I knocked on the door, so.. I came in I'm sorry," Bruno mumbles while fidgeting with his hands.

"I'm so sorry mi amor, I must've fallen asleep," you comfort him as you sit up.

You could faintly see him look down a bit then stand up quickly with his face red.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll leave!," Bruno blurts out and rushes back to the bedroom.

You get up and drain the water before wrapping yourself in a towel. After getting dried and dressed, you head back into the bedroom.

"So, did you have fun talking with your nieces and nephews?" You ask while shutting the bedroom door.

"Mhm," you hear from under a blanket and a pillow.

"Is your face still red amor?" You ask playfully.

"No!" Bruno protests, stilled muffled under a blanket and now two pillows.

"That's adorable," you chuckle and walk over, moving the pillows and blanket.

He looks away from you and takes one of the pillows, curling up around it and hiding his face in it. You smile and lay down next to him, playing with his hair. After a while, he finally looks up at you with his face still slightly red.

"Ready to cuddle and go to sleep now?" You ask quietly.

He nods and moves the pillow, reaching his arms out for you. You smile softly and pull him close to you, giving him a small kiss goodnight, and then blowing out the candle. He curls up in your arms and closes his eyes.

"Buenas noches mi amor," you whisper in his ear before closing your eyes.

You couldnt see it, but you knew there was a smile on his face.

{Writers Note: Sorry I haven't been posting very often, I haven't had the motivation, but I should start posting more often soon. This chapter is also shorter than usual, so I apologize}