Gifts

The product was finally done, you put on your gloves in case it was still hot and took it out to place it on your craft table. You take off your gloves and look at the bucket with its lid. It was perfect. An iron bucket with multi sized stars and a decent sized moon at the top would make the perfect candle holder which would act like an amazing night light for little Antonio. Time to show Bruno how it turned out.

"I love it, it's perfect!" Bruno happily said, "I really hope Toñito does too."

I"'m sure hell love it too Bruno," you smile comfortingly.

"Really? You think so?" He looks up at you, seeming nervous.

"Of course! Especially because it's from his favorite tío," you chuckle.

"I'm his favorite?" he giggles quietly.

"Obviously," you smile.

He responds with a small smile as well and looks back at the bucket. You look at the sun and raise your hand up to it. By doing this you find out it's near 1PM. When you look back at Bruno you see him examining the bucket thoroughly. You notice some of his rats also checking out the bucket which makes you smile a bit. Bruno lifts it up to the sunlight and smiles.

"I'll give it to him right before he goes bed," Bruno announces.

"That's a great time," you agree.

"You think so?" he asks, turning his head to you and lowering the bucket.

"Mhm!" you answer.

"I cant wait to show him!" he excitedly says while looking at the bucket again.

"You're gonna tell me what he thinks about it, right?" you ask him, tilting your head.

"Of course I am, Im also gonna tell him you're the one who made it," he responds.

His smile spreads to you and you feel yourself smile as well. You had a couple more hours before it was time for Bruno to return home so you and him spent the rest of that time together at your farm. You walked him home when it was time and he put the bucket into a box with a note so it stays a surprise. That night seemed to go by so slowly for Bruno, he was too excited to focus on things for too long. His rat show went by slow as well, but he wasnt too upset about that, he loved performing his shows.

"Antonio, time for bed," Pepa says, picking up Antonio after the show.

"But-" Antonio tried to protest with his puppy dog eyes.

"No buts little man, youll be tired all day if you stay up any longer," she interrupts with the stern mom tone.

"heh, ok mamá," he giggles, accepting his fate.

"Pepa?" Bruno quietly interrupts.

"Yes Bruno?" She asks, looking over.

"Can you give this to Antonio when he's in bed?" he asks, handing her the gift box.

"Sure, what is it?" She questions.

"A surprise," he smiles.

"Ok, I guess, say goodnight to your tío Bruno, Toñito," Pepa responds, taking the box.

"Goodnight tío Bruno!" Antonio happily, but tiredly, says.

"Night kiddo," Bruno responds with a small wave as Pepa walks away.

He watches him leave and sees his small yawn as he cuddles into his mother. Bruno smiles at him, seeing his eyes starting to close. Bruno goes to his room, does his vision, then goes to bed. The next morning he's awakened by a very loud and hyper Antonio that jumps on him. He sits up and Antonio is pulling on his pant leg, trying to get him out of bed, which he does.

"What's got you all happy? And loud?" Bruno asks the little demon that's still pulling on him.

"I have a gift for you! Come on, come on, come on!" Antonio excitedly says.

"Ok, ok, Im going, calm down," Bruno tiredly follows.

When they get downstairs he sees Pepa with a different box, but smaller. He tilts his head in confusion as he walks closer. Antonio runs over, taking the box from his mothers hands and turning around quickly, handing it to his tío. Bruno tiredly rubs his eyes and yawns as he takes the box, opening it only after Antonio tells him too over 10 times. He looks inside and instantly smiles, getting emotional from still being tired, which makes him tear up. Antonio drew him and Bruno together, spelling out Thank You in big letters. Little rats were drawn on Bruno and he and Antonio were holding hands. It wasnt the best drawing because it was from a 5 year old, but Bruno still loved it and cherished it instantly. He knelt down and pulled his nephew into a big hug. He hugged him back with a soft giggle.

"Do you like it?" Antonio asks.

"I love it so much, thank you Toñito," Bruno exclaimed happily.

"Can we see y/n today so I can give him his thank you gift too tío?" he asked excitedly.

"Of course kiddo, after breakfast of course," he answers, rubbing his tired eyes.

He squeals and runs to the kitchen where people were starting to gather. Everyone was still waking up and because of how early it was, breakfast hadn't started yet. Antonio got antsy quickly so he and Bruno played with blocks in the other room to pass time. After breakfast, Antonio quickly got ready while Bruno took his time. He was pestering his tío to hurry up the entire time. As soon as the door was opened, Bruno was pulled by his little nephew, all the way to your farm. When they got there, Antonio ran up to you quickly and hugged your leg tightly.

"Oh- hello little one," you giggle, looking down at Antonio "someone is energetic today."

"Uhuh! Uhuh!' Antonio nods quickly, "you and my tíos gift helped me sleep all night!"

"Did it now? Well, it was your tío's idea," you explain as you look up at a very tired Bruno.

"I made you gift as well! Do you wanna see?" he excitedly asks.

"Of course," you exclaim.

He takes out a box that was in his pocket, a smaller one, and holds it up to you. You take the box as Bruno finally reaches you guys and you open it once hes next to you. Inside the small box was a rock that was painted red and orange that spelled out Thank You! in big bold letters. You smile softly and give Antonio a small hug.

"Thank you Antonio, this was very kind and sweet of you," you tell him.

"So you like it?" He impatiently and excitedly asks.

"I love it kiddo, I'll keep it forever," you assured.

"Really?" He questioned.

"Really really," you confirmed.

Another small squeal was heard from little Antonio as he happily jumped up and down. You laughed a bit and stood up, looking at the very tired Bruno who was starting to fall asleep while standing up. You poke his shoulder and he jolts awake which makes you quietly laugh. His face gets red from embarrassment so you smile at him, which makes him smile back. You decided that Bruno was too tired to stay on the farm with you today and you couldnt watch Antonio and work at the same time, so you walk both of them back to Casita and personally take Bruno to his bedroom door.

"Thanks y/n, you didnt have to do this ya'know," Bruno stammered, embarrassed.

"I know, but I wanted to," you tell him.

"I guess you did," he chuckled before yawning and rubbing his tired eyes.

"Go get some sleep Bruno, you need it," you ordered.

"Heh, yeah.." he mumbled, "thanks, again.

"Of course, now go," you said in a more stern voice.

He smiled as he nodded and went inside his room, then you went back to your farm for the day.