93. Don't Check On Me

Shawnie's POV

After I got ready for my day, I decided I wasn't gonna tell anybody where I was going and I was just going to leave. I went over to my friend's house because I didn't want to be at home and after some thought, I felt that maybe it is best that I decided to go the other way. Maybe my friend who has been super patient with me and very understanding of my situation, is what I need right now. I need a friend and that's exactly what he is to me.

I pulled up to his house and rang the doorbell.

The door opens and I'm met with his smiling face.

"Hey! I didn't know you were coming by." He says

"I didn't know I was coming by either, but I was in the neighborhood." We both laughed because we live in the same neighborhood.

"Come in. I was getting my bag ready." He turns and starts walking away.

I step in and close the door behind me and I follow him into his kitchen.

"I can come back, I don't wanna hold you up..." I say

"No, you're not holding me up. What's up? I saw pictures of your shirtless bodyguard. What was that about?"

"It's a long story. Tell you later." I say

"So what is your fine ass doing popping up at my house?" He says, grabbing a couple of things out of the refrigerator then pulling powder out of the cabinet. He was making a protein shake.

"To be honest with you, I was just a little irritated with my situation that's going on at home and I just needed to get away."

"Aight, cool. How long are you staying?" He asks

"I don't know, I just needed a break. What do you have going on today? Do you wanna do something?" I ask, sitting at the island.

"I would love nothing but to spend some time with you. That sounds so good to me right now, but yeah, I got some pretty important things to do. The season is starting soon and I need to be ready. Team stuff. Practice and meetings..." he explains.

"Yeah, I understand that."

"But, it would be nice if I came home and you were still here." He smiles

"Do you want me to be here when you get back?"

"I would love that." He says

"Okay. Well, I guess I'll be here then."

He goes over to one of the end drawers and pulls out some keys. He tosses them over to me. I catch and look at them.

"What are these?"

"Keys to the house." He says. "If you decide to leave, you can get back in."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I trust you." He says. "......Speaking of the season, do you think you can make it to the season opener?"

"....um, I don't know. You know that's me openly supporting you...publicly..."

He laughs. "I know, that's why I'm asking if you can make it. It doesn't have to be anything more than you coming to see the game. That doesn't mean we're in a relationship or anything. I just want you to be there, and any other game you can make it to during the season."

"That's asking a lot." I say. "That's relationship shit to me."

"Maybe you should start looking at us that way. No pressure, and I hope that doesn't scare you away but my patience is wearing thin. Not because I'm tired of this but because I want to be with you, and I want to be with you publicly... I want to take you out. I want to express my love for you. I'm tired of holding back."