32. Finesse

Shawnie's POV

Later that night, Joe and I were chilling in the living room after I put Atlas to sleep and there was a knock on the door.

"I got it." Joe says getting up and making his way over to the door of the suite. He looks through the peephole, then turns around and looks back at me. "It's him. Want me to get rid of him?"

"Um, yeah." I say nervously. I knew this would happen.

Joe opens the door, cracked enough to see through. "She doesn't wanna talk."

"Let her tell me that." I hear Aubrey say.

"I don't wanna talk to you." I yell from the living room.

"Tell me to my face." He yells back.

Joe looks at me. I think about it for a few seconds, and I get up. I sigh as I walk over on the other side of the sofa and lean against it.

"Open the door, Joe." I say

Joe doesn't hesitate, he opens the door. I know he was disappointed in me but following through with this is easier said than done.

Aubrey steps in the suite and looks at me.

"You smoking in here?" He looks back at Joe and Joe doesn't say anything. "You smoking with my wife?"

"I don't smoke." Joe says

Aubrey looks at me and when we lock eyes, he smiles. He walks over and stands directly in front of me. I look at Joe, standing by the door and he just looks at me. I look back at Aubrey.

"He's not smoking with me." I say

He steps closer to me. "But why are you doing this with another man?"

"I'm just trying to relieve some stress." I say, "You have me stressed out."

"I can fix that..." he says

I roll my eyes.

He gets down to my eye level and looks me directly in my eyes, "Tell me to my face, Mami. You don't want to talk to me?"

"Aubrey..." I trail off.

"Look at me." He smiles and holds eye contact with me, reaching for my hands. "Tell me, Mami."

I stared at him for a long few seconds. He looked at me with that stare that has always made me crumble.

".....You told me not to come back." I say

"I was just talking, I was hurt. I had motherfuckers coming at me from all angles."

"That was before that happened." I say

"You know I can't live without you, Mami. I'm sorry if I hurt you, mentally and physically. You know you're my everything and I can't live without you."

My serious face turns into a slight smile, "I know."

"You're the only one I'll be out at 2 o'clock in the morning, stalking for." He laughs which makes me laugh as well. "I'm sorry." He strokes my cheek with his right hand.

I close my eyes and I feel the warmth of his hand. I missed Aubrey. I had only been gone for a day and I already missed his touch. I know he knew that. I let him. I knew what he was doing. He stepped closer, closing in the gap between us. His hands traveled up my sides and to my face. He lightly placed both hands on my face, as he pressed his lips against mine, kissing me.

He pulls away from me and just stares for a few seconds.

"Baby, we need to talk?" He says and I nod my head yes. "Let's go talk in the bedroom for privacy." He says