26. Race My Mind

Shawnie's POV 

I finally decided to go home around 2 am. Joe is a saint. He literally put me and the girls in the car and made sure we were safe and sound. He took us into the house one by one, well I noticed I was by myself and I got out of the car. Joe met me while I was walking into the house, and helped me the rest of the way. When I walked into the house and into the foyer, Aubrey was standing there, just looking at me.

"I knew it

"I knew it... You let her get this drunk?" Aubrey says to Joe.

"My job is to keep her safe, not parent her. Here she is, safe." Joe says

"Depending on who she's with, she gets a little sloppy." Aubrey says

"Well she's going through a lot." Joe says

Aubrey takes me by the hips and Joe lets go.

"She told you what happened?" Aubrey asks

"Yeah." Joe says, walking over and closing the front door. "Have a good night." He says then leaves.

"Are you okay, mami?" He asks and I snatch out of his grip.

"Goodnight." I say, then walk away towards the bedroom.

I take my clothes off, put my hair up and take off my makeup. It took me a while to do so because I was intoxicated. Aubrey was trying to help me but I didn't want his help. I really didn't want him around me. I'm at the point now where I definitely blame him for the miscarriage. I didn't necessarily want to have a baby right now, but it happened, so what else am I supposed to do? The only option for me was to raise our baby, but it was snatched away from me and I blame him.

I walk into the bedroom and over to the bed. I drink the entire glass of water that he placed in my nightstand.

"Mami, I wanna talk to you." Aubrey says

"You did enough talking in the text messages. I don't wanna talk." I say, climbing to bed. My head is spinning and I do not have time for his weak ass right now. All he's about to do is get in his feelings about me not wanting to talk to him. I'm good.

I turn my back to him, laying on my side. I get comfortable and close my eyes.

"Shawnie?" He calls out, but I ignore him.

I feel the bed shift and then I feel his lips on my shoulder, placing kisses there.

"Mami?"

"I'm not fucking you either. Stop!" I pull the blanket up to my neck. "You begged me to come home, I'm home now. Go to sleep."

He lays back on his side of the bed and exhales out of, I'm assuming, frustration. I don't care.

"I don't wanna fuck. I need to talk to you." He says

"Talk to me in the morning."

"No. I need to talk to you now. I won't be here in the morning." He says