55. Don't Matter To Me

Instagram

Shawniemarie

Shawniemarie #Freedom

********

Shawnie's POV

When we got back to San Diego, it was super late. The only thing I wanted to do was climb into bed and go to sleep. My phone has been off all day and I really didn't have any desire to look at it. I used Joe's phone to talk to Lexi to check on the kids a couple of times but as far as that goes, I don't know anything that's going on. I don't know if Aubrey has been trying to get in contact with me, I'm sure he has. No one has talked to him on my end, and I was a little nervous to find out what was going on. We'll see tomorrow.

The next morning when we woke up, we went to get the kids. That was my very first thought the next morning. I just wanted to be with my kids. I don't know what's going through Aubrey's head but he's been a little suspect when it comes to my son. I wanted to pick him up just in case Aubrey decided to get spiteful.

We picked up breakfast and came back to the house. I don't know what type of shit storm was brewing in Aubrey's head. I wanted it to be in the comfort of my own home when I decided I was going to turn my phone back on and face whatever I had coming to me because I knew he's pissed.

A few hours later, I was sitting in the living room, watching TV and the kids. They were playing with their toys in the middle of the living room. I had just turned my phone back on, I started getting notifications and text messages left and right. My phone was going off. I knew something happened. I know this couldn't have come from the little subliminal post from my Instagram. This was something else.

The majority of the notifications were from TMZ. I already knew it was some bullshit that was going on. Maybe it was something that happened between Chris and Aubrey after I left but something is going on.

I clicked on TMZ and it was the very first thing on the page, in big black letters. "DRAKE ANNOUNCES HIS RETIREMENT FROM MUSIC"

I was so shocked, that I read it a few more times. I couldn't believe my eyes. This has to be a mistake. He didn't tell me that he was doing this. When did he even do this? I was so lost, and then almost immediately I received a call from Aubrey.

I haven't talked to him since I gave him the papers yesterday. I wasn't necessarily nervous to talk to him, but I was nervous for the conversation because I don't know what this conversation was going to bring. I can see him being super upset with me because I told him I would wait but I also can see him being understanding because I just couldn't go through with those three days knowing that my mind was made up, and that he agreed to sign the papers. So it was up in the air.

I took a deep breath, and answered.

"Hello?" I answer the phone, trying to sound pleasant.

"We need to talk." He says sternly, getting right to the point.