27. All Back

Shawnie's POV

The next morning, I woke up to Aubrey moving my hair from my forehead and kissing me on it. I fell asleep on the sofa in Atlas's room. As much as I try to stay upset with him I can't because everytime he does something, I bitch about it, and he makes it right. But I also feel like this is something that I can't ignore. Most of the things happening recently, I can't ignore. We lost our baby and he left to go do an appearance, and let's not forget about him trying to drown me in our bathtub. I can't forgive that. I honestly feel like this is the beginning of the end for us...

"Mami, I'm heading out." He says softly, stroking my hair.

"Okay..." I say without opening my eyes.

"Go get in bed." He says

"No, I'm fine in here with my baby."

"Baby, please." He says, "Come on."

"I'll go in later. He's going to be waking up in a little bit." I roll over on my side, turning my back to him. "Have a good day."

He sighs, "Okay. I'll be back as soon as I can. I just have to be at this meeting..."

"No worries." I say, nonchalantly.

"We need to talk when I get back..."

"If I'm here."

"What is that supposed to mean?" He asks

"If I am in the house when you get back, we might be able to talk but other than that I might not be."

"Where are you going?"

"Out." I say

"Again?" He asks

I turn over and look at him. "Why would I sit in the house and be by myself?"

"I'm sorry, baby. I have to work. I have meetings. I have shit I have to do. I'm trying to be here as much as I can, but you know how this goes."

"Goodbye, Aubrey." I lay back down and close my eyes. I could feel that he was still staring at me.

"I'm really trying here...." He says

"Mmmhmm."

"I think you're being extremely selfish right now, but I understand your frustration. We're connected, and it's hard for you to be away from me. I feel the same way. I would love for you to come with me." He says and I just look at him and roll my eyes.

He's so clueless.

"I don't give a fuck about you being here... I actually prefer—...you know what, bye Aubrey. Have a great fucking day!" I say, now irritated as hell.

"Mami—."

I cut him off, "Goodbye."

He sighs, then stands up. "I love you."

He stands there for a few seconds before he walks out of the bedroom.

I laid there for at least another hour, until I heard my son waking up. Instead of calling for Christina, I got him myself. I played with him for a little. Then I made him breakfast. I fed him, gave him a bath, put clothes on him and I went into the bedroom to get ready for my day. I have to get used to doing this alone anyway.

When I got into the closet, there was a huge bouquet of blue roses sitting on the island. It looks to be about four dozen of them. At first, I thought they were the roses that Chris brought me when I was in the hospital a few days ago, but I remembered Aubrey threw them away. There was a note propped up on the vase with a box next to it. I picked up the note and read it.