85. Fireworks (*)

Shawnie's POV

Joe, Kevin, Ben and I took the short flight back home from Vegas. The four of us talked about what is going on, what's going to happen when we get back home and Joe basically took charge of the situation. He has a team now, so he informed them on what they're gonna be doing and where they're going to go. He prefers for them to not be in close quarters with me which I agree with. Especially when I don't know if I can fully trust them right now. Joe wants Kevin at the gate and Ben to keep an eye on the property.

Everything seemed to be fine because I really didn't touch the general public so I didn't really have any issues getting to and from where I was going. However, there were a couple of paps outside the gate of my house. Now this is fucking crazy. My kids live here. My dad is here and they're outside of my gate waiting for me to leave or come so they can get a picture. This is the invasive bullshit I've been talking about all of this time. They have no fucking right.

I got in and I stayed in. I was beyond pissed at this situation. The only thing they calmed me down was seeing the kids. Spending time with them was the only two good things that have come out of my last two relationships. Next to that, is spending time by myself. It has been great being single, and for a while, in San Diego when it was just Joe and I, things were so calm and so peaceful until things amped up again with the divorce. Since it's been final, I feel a sense of freedom. I literally don't have to report to anyone and I like that. I like that I could just be by myself with my kids and just take care of them and focus on them.

A couple hours passed and I finally was able to get in contact with Amanda. I have been texting her to get an update and she has not responded but she called and told me that she was able to buy the photos back from the couple of companies who had it. And that was a huge relief to me but it cost me nearly $100,000 to do it.

Now I have to come up with something that's going to make people forget about this whole thing. It has to be something bigger and I really don't want to stoop to Aubrey's level but I feel like I have to because he won't stop until he feels he has won. So I know I'm taking a huge gamble on doing this, but I think I need to play a card that I was reeeeaaallllly trying to avoid all of this time.

"I'm heading out. Is it okay if I take Ben with me?" I ask Joe.

"Why don't you want me to go?" He laughs

"It's kinda a date."

"Oh, my bad. Go right ahead." He laughs again.

I take a seat next to him. "Be honest with me, are you okay with this for real? Because I feel weird."

"Yes. I told you I wanted you to date and I was serious about that. I don't want you to miss any opportunities because you're worried about me. Don't worry about me, I'm straight."

"But are you really?" I ask

He laughs, "Shawnie, there's no need for you to be concerned. I am fine. Have fun. Honestly."

"..... okay." I say and stand up. "I'll be back shortly."

"Okay." He says and then I leave out.  

********

Later that night.