17. N2DEEP Pt. 2

Shawnie's POV

They let me in the suite and closed the door behind me. I was super quiet. I was nervous to see Aubrey. I didn't want to talk to him. I'm pissed at him and I told him I was done. Why the hell am I even back here?

I walked into the bedroom. The light from the TV lit up the room and he was laying in bed on his phone.

"Are you done throwing a temper tantrum?" He says watching me close the door behind me.

"Are you done being a hoe." I shoot back at him.

"I'm not the one jumping back and forth from two different people, or better yet in a closet with a stranger, but go off." He says, not taking his eyes away from the phone.

"AUBREY!!" I yell pissed off. "Are you serious right now!! I literally caught you about to fuck two bitches." I say in a calmer tone.

"You can't prove that." He says adjusting his glasses.

"AUBREY!" I yell again. "I don't have to prove shit. Them being in the damn room is proof enough. Your reaction is proof enough. Are you really about to sit here and gaslight me, like I didn't see what I saw? You were going to have sex with them..." I say, entirely over this conversation.

"Babe, calm down." He says, which hypes me up more. "It's a quarter after two, come to bed. I can fuck the anger out of you, you know I do that well." He smiles, voice in a calmer tone.

"Fuck outta here...I'm taking a shower." I say, walking into the bathroom.

I close the bathroom door and I stood there for a minute or two, processing. Let's face it, even if I wanted to leave I can't. He literally won't let me. But on the other hand, I don't want to either. I love the shit out of him and I know he loves me the same. I just have to figure out a way to deal with this.

I turn on the shower, I strip out of my clothes and I step in. I let the water calm me a bit, thinking about what just happened downstairs in the casino. The way that man got me away from those people is what I kept thinking about. I keep thinking about what if he wasn't there. What would've happened. He's a blessing, is how I see it. I wish I could thank him.

After I finished my shower, I put on my pajamas and I walked out into the bedroom. I just wanna go to sleep. I get in bed but I turn my back to him and pull the blanket up to my neck. I don't wanna see him right now.

"Mami." He says

I sigh in frustration. "Yes?"

"Look at me." He says

I sigh again, purposely, showing my frustration, turning over to look at him. I want to let it be known that I am over him and I don't wanna talk to him right now.

"I want you to know that I'd never cheat on you. I love you. You're my wife." He says, touching my arm with his hand, resting it there.

I don't say anything.

"You're my life, I would never jeopardize what we have. You know I need you to be here for me." He says, staring me in my eyes.

I try to break eye contact, but I can't. My resolve is slowly breaking.

"I know..." I say

"I love you." He says, and I breathe out a sigh of defeat.

"I love you too. Aubrey." I say.

He kisses my lips, I kiss him back. He pulls me over to him, and I rest my head on his chest and fall asleep.

*********