Chapter 57; Grillby's Reopened

Start from the beginning

Booths, tables, and chairs were installed in the main area along with a bar, back bar, soda guns, mini fridge, an ice machine, and draft beer equipment. Seeing that the bar wasn't in the Underground and had more potential customers than he ever had back home, the kitchen had three industrial stoves, a large walk-in freezer, and prep tables.

The stairs leading to the second floor were hidden behind a "Fire Door." A little pun for Sans. One of the bedrooms was transformed into a simple bedroom fit for Grillby with a desk, filing cabinet, a standing closet, a king-sized bed, and a large bookshelf. The second bedroom only had a desk, a bed, and dresser and waited for Sans's creative touch, if he so desired to move in. A small kitchenette with an island counter was installed down the hall from both rooms.

The bar's uniforms were a gift from Nezu himself. Made by the best tailors Japan had to offer. The uniforms were simple, classic, and classy. Black slacks and skirts, crisp white button down with detachable sleeves for hot days, a black vest with a gardenia pinned on the left side, and dress shoes with comfortable soles.

Grillby, Sans, Ichika, Natsumi, Undyne, and, surprisingly enough and for that night only, Eijirou were working. Natsumi, Grillby, and Undyne wore the uniform with pants and the other three went with skirts. Eijirou chose the skirt to piss off gender-norms. Ichika and Sans wore skirts for less movement restrictions. Sans also detached his sleeves. He worked in Grillby's back in the Underground, so he knew how hot it could get now that he wasn't literal bones and magic.

<~>

Grillby - "Hello and welcome to Grillby's Bar and Grill. Come on in and have a great time."

Pro-heroes and civilians all swarmed the bar. Ichika and Eijirou were the waiter and waitress, Ichika was in the kitchen with Undyne, leaving Sans and Grillby behind the bar. The two of them worked in synchronized harmony. Building, mixing, and shaking drinks was incredibly nostalgic for Sans. With all the resets, Sans hadn't been a bartender for hundreds of thousands of years.

Undyne and Natsumi worked quickly in the kitchen. Pumping out orders left and right and no pause in between. Ichika and Eijirou killed it as a two person waitstaff. They were courteous and pushed the specialties of both women in the kitchen. They were quick in cleaning up messes and Eijirou was faster than lightning in cutting off the dunkards from more alcohol intake.

<~>

Sans all but collapsed in the bay window with a cold cloth over his forehead.

Sans - "Ugh, I hate humans."

Natsumi - "Wanna run that by me again, young man?"

Sans - "Obviously I don't mean you guys. Ugh, human bodies suck! All this work cut right into my sleep!"

Undyne - "Hey Kirishima crew, I could use some help back here!"

Ichika - We're coming. Come on you two."

Eijirou and Natsumi followed Ichika into the kitchen leaving Sans and Grillby in the main dining room. Grillby laughed at Sans's theatrics. He too sat in the bay window after lifting Sans's feet into his lap.

Sans - "Despite my flesh covered bones aching and screaming in agony, I had fun today. It's been so long since I last bartended."

Grillby - "It has been a little over three years. So that's understandable."

Sans - "Three years...that is a long time."

A long time by your standards, is what Sans wanted to say. RESETs were a complicated topic. Every time Sans tried explaining it to Alphys, by the time she finally understod the concept, another RESET would happen and he would be alone again. Eventually he stopped trying. Why bother if you had to do it and fail again and again and again?

Grillby - "Sans, what do you think of this window?"

Sans - "It's comfy, plenty of space, the only thing it's missing is..."

Sans's musing came to a halt. He was sitting in a window with pillows. With Grillby.

Grillby - "The only thing missing is?"

Sans gave a dry laugh and sat up.

Sans - "The only thing missing is a game. Hey guys, come out here!"

Eijirou, Ichika, Natsumi and Undyne walked back into the bar. Grillby pulled a table over to the window and san pulled over three chairs. Two decks of Uno cards were pulled from Grillby's pockets. Eijirou, Sans, and Grillby sat in the window and Undyne, Ichika, and Natsumi sat in the chairs. The six of them spent the rest of that night playing games in the bay window of Grillby's Bar and Grill.

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💖💖😊😊  
1387 words  
Enjoy

This chapter was a lot of fun to write

This chapter is also dedicated to