Pretenders.

Ryukyu and Nejire had stayed behind, as Izuku and Ochako were shoved quietly into the back of the ambulance their sensei was receiving treatment in, getting the pair of them away from the scene and the nosey eyes that were lingering around.

The dragon hero didn't spare him a second look, the cuffs reluctantly coming off as they were sent on their way, much to Izuku's relief. He didn't blame her for despising him, but he was more than thankful for the leeway she'd given them. He knew she wouldn't be the next time.

The ambulance ride was spent in silence, as the sound of the sirens whirled overhead, with only a single first responder working on securing the fluid line to their sensei.

They'd gotten off lucky, the three of them at least, considering the state some people they had left behind. Aizawa had been diagnosed with an extreme case of fatigue, the wounds to his body requiring only stitches and his ankle only severely strained, nothing a lot of rest couldn't fix.

Ochako had almost vomited on herself on the way to the hospital, but apart from that, there was only the mental trauma and quirk fatigue she'd failed to avoid; her hand tightly holding Izuku's as she tried to comfort him.

Izuku's wounds had already almost completely healed by the time they'd gotten into the ambulance, the scars left behind aching deeply to his bones as they littered themselves along his arms, his body silently still screaming at him in pain.

He looked down at his hands at the red mesh of wounded skin, gritting his teeth in dismay, as the horrifying sight reminded him so similarly to work he'd left on Ochakos shoulder months ago.

Izuku didn't think it was possible to fall any further.

Once they reached the hospital, Izuku and Ochako were carted from the ambulance, unable to follow their teacher as they began the minor surgeries to stitch up his few wounds, leaving the pair of them alone together.

Izuku knew that if he was to finally run now would be the time, but his body ached for rest, too tired from running to move any further. He'd accepted the consequences once, they knew who he was, there was no point in hiding now.

The pair sat silently in an empty corridor not far from where their sensei had been taken, as a group of others who'd been at the raid began racing in not long after they'd arrived, Ryukyu tailing along behind them. Nighteye had apparently already been taken into surgery, Recovery girl right on her way as the doctors worked tirelessly to save his life.

Unfortunately, Nighteye and Aizawa weren't the only heroes stuck to their hospital beds, with Fatgum and Rocklock both fairing their own share of wounds; their senpais and Kirishima also bound in bandages.

Not long after Aizawa was stitched up, still attached to his drip pump, the tired man managed to convince the nurses looking after him to let him find his students; slowly limping down the corridor to where he found Izuku.

They sat in silence as the world around Izuku slowly moved, lost in his own worthless thoughts, as he paid no mind to what was going on outside.

In the end, the surgery Nighteye went through ended up not being enough, his whole stomach destroyed with nothing keeping him alive apart from the buzzing machines that surrounded him. The room was filled with grieving people, even All Might had come down to see his old sidekick one final time, as tears were shed around the room.

Aizawa had quietly convinced Izuku to the room, the green haired boy crying silently with everyone else as he stayed hidden at the back; catching a glimpse of the solemn state Nighteye was in between the people around them.

It gave Izuku a horrible sense of deja vu, the scar on his stomach aching with phantom pains. As much as he wished for a way for Nighteye to heal from his fatal injuries, Izuku wouldn't wish his fate on anyone.