A Hero Name

Izuku remained laying on the floor once he woke up. His journey home was almost a blur as his mind was set on the events of only the night before.

He honestly wasn't sure how he even managed to navigate his way home.

He knew he must have slept for a while, as the deep bite wounds on his arms had healed and faded into only dark scars.

He remembered sitting up from the freezing floor and greeting the cool morning blue sky, the sun not yet visible through the gaps in the building.

It had to be around six in the morning.

As Izuku had begun his slow walk home, he let his mind wander. How could he have let himself be so careless? Stupidly allowing himself to pass out in the back alleys of Musutafu, a place known for being full to the bring with villains and sketchy people. 

Then again, a student who had only just been on television for the sports festival randomly knocked out cold in a back alley was also pretty sketchy...

Once he made it home, his shared apartment with his mother was long empty. His mother seemingly already left for work that morning. His footsteps rang out through the silent apartment as he made his way to his room. 

As he reached his room and held his hand over his doorknob, he slowly looked up to the All might brand Name tag which hung on his door.

He turned the doorknob and walked in, from all corners of the room All Might's face bore down on him. A face, which for many years, had brought so many feelings and emotions his quirkless life.

Feelings of courage, happiness and the will to keep going.

Now all he felt was guilt and shame... 

He thought he should feel more, anger at himself and disgust for the things he had done but it left him feeling surprisingly empty.

The weekend passed slowly, laying on his bed in his room with the occasional interruptions from his mother's voice calling him when she came home from work and to see if he was alright to the occasional pings from his phone, indicating that someone had messaged him. 

He was still too stunned from the ordeal after the sports festival to do anything.

When he woke up on Monday morning, he finally reached over and looked at his phone. 30 Texts and 15 missed calls. He clicked on the phonebook and was greeted with a long list of missed calls from the last 2 days from Uraraka. He silently scrolled down and saw a couple of missed calls from a different number. 

They were from All Might. Izuku sucked in his breath slightly in his growing internal panic. He had just completely aired All Might!

Panicking he quickly clicked on the number and his phone began to call. He lifted his phone up to his ear and listened to the person at the other end pick up the receiver.

"Midoriya? Is that you? Are you alright?"  All Mights worried voice could be heard from the other end. 

Izuku remained silent for a moment.

"..., I'm fine, All Might, really! I'm sorry, i haven't returned any of your calls this weekend I've been busy with something else and completely forgot to check my phone! I'm sorry, it won't happen again!" He rambled out, hoping to convince the symbol of peace.

There was a pause at the other end of the line.

"Midoriya, my boy, are you sure you are alright? This isn't the first time you've missed calls from me. Im starting to worry about you my boy, do you remember what i said to you after the USJ attack?