Discovery.

"...Izuku... Izuku!.."

Izuku blinked as he heard a voice calling out his name, bringing him out of his thoughts, looking up from the specially made meal in front of him; towards his mothers' worried eyes.

"Izuku-dear, you've been looking at that fish for twenty minutes now." She began nervously, "Is everything alright? Are you feeling ok?"

Izuku's eyes trailed back down towards the plate in front of him, before offering his mother a small smile. "Uh- Yea..! Sorry I was just thinking about something... I'm fine though, mum."

They had spent the last few minutes waiting for his Doctor to come and examine him, supposedly to check up on his recovery from the surgery he had only a day or so ago. When he had first woken up, it had not taken long for a nurse to find him lying awake in his hospital bed. When they had noticed his conscious state, the nurse had quickly left to inform his mother and get a Doctor to review his current state.

And now, Izuku and his mother sat in silence, other than the few birds and rumble of the city streets below, as he looked at the fish which was staring straight back.

"Izuku..! Aren't you gonna eat your food?" His mother worriedly asked, her voice laced with concern, as he eyed the plate in front of it.

It didn't seem very appetizing but to please his mother he picked up the chopsticks and picked up a chunk of fish before shoveling it into his mouth. It tasted revolting, the putrid smell almost making him gag and spitting it out.

As he spat the food back out onto his plate, his mother quickly shot him a concerned look as she stood up to see if he was alright; fortunately, before she could start pestering him with questions, the doctor came in with his bushy mustache and clipboard.

"Midoriya-san, it's good to see you are awake. How are you feeling?"

Izuku moved his eyes from the plate in front of him to face the doctor as he replied, "I feel fine, for the most part, but my stomach feels a bit funny."

"Well, that is to be expected."

Izuku looked at the doctor, furrowing his brows with confusion, at the odd reply.

"Umm- How did- W-what happened. I can't remember. "

At this point his mother spoke up, tears slowly forming in her eyes.

"..Oh Izuku dear, you were caught up in a villain attack... We thought we were gonna lose you from the wound in your stomach, the doctors had to replace it to give you any chance to survive."

Izuku blinked in shock, taken aback by the sudden information he had just received and had no recollection of, before calming back down again.

"Oh ok... I see"

The three remained in silence as the Doctor got to work taking tests and making sure everything was physically working and none of his stitchings had moved. It wasn't long into the examination that the doctor explained that he had to test his senses to make sure they were all working.

That had confused Izuku slightly and apparently, it was clearly written on his face as after the doctor got around to checking, he explained that he had been knocked in the head by some debris and wanted to ensure no brain damage had occurred.

"-and how is your sense of taste doing?"

Izuku's eyes shifted off the doctor and back at the fish on his plate before answering.

"The food I was given tastes pretty disgusting, but I don't know if that's because it's hospital food or if it's just because of my dislike for fish."