A greeting with death.

Izuku landed onto the hard floor with a loud thud, pain rattling through his body as he slowly tried to push himself off the ground, his bones and joints aching all the while. He slowly managed to push himself up as he looked around the dark hollow room he had been dropped in, the ceiling towering ominously above him as he did so, giving off a few eerie creaks as he assumed the wind blew by outside.

He tried to hold back a shiver, pangs of hunger still clawing at his stomach, as the icy air chilled him as he looked around. Where the hell even was he..?

A dark ominous voice vibrated through the air, shattering the silence that had been surrounding the darkened room.

"...It's good to meet you Izuku Midoriya..."

Izuku froze with terror, his neck desperately fighting back as he forced himself to look up at the source of the voice, praying that it wasn't who he thought it was.

His eyes were greeted with death, looking up into the mutilated flesh which coated the villains face, as he sat paralyzed on the ground from the potent killing intent which almost felt like it was leaking from their pores.

The feelings of dread that overcame him, numbing the persistent pain and hunger which had consumed his mind, the instinctual need to survive now clawing at him from the back of his subconscious.

"I've been watching your progress for some time now..! It's good to finally formally introduce myself..."

His words sent shivers of fear down his spine, dread and the unbearing feeling of death weighed him down as his awareness of the situation he was in shadowed darkly around him; the unnerving and foreboding recognition uncurtained by the looming presence of death.

"My name is All for One, and my quirk allows me to take others' quirks for my own, it's nice to finally make your acquaintance..."

Izuku trembled as the All for One's breath tingled across the exposed skin of his neck and arms like needles, a cold sweat encasing him as the villain slowly circled around, his body too petrified to even allow his eyes to follow his movements.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I've brought you here. Mhm..?" Izuku stayed silent, allowing All for One to give a foul chuckle as he continued on, "I brought you here with the intention of having you help me complete my goal of creating a better superhuman society, where Meta people- or should I say quirked? People can roam freely without the restraints the world makes us live by, somewhere where I can hold power overall and lead our species to a New Age!"

Izuku sat back horrified at the idea, expression open with apprehension and well-placed disgust at the prospect of aiding such a movement rotting against his core beliefs.

In a world where All for One held Control over the masses, Thousands of people were slaughtered and killed if they dared to oppose him.

Izuku drew a long haphazard breath, foregoing his anxiety as he asked the villain he had dreaded the one question which had been engraved itself into his mind for so long..! The question he was so desperate for an answer for...

"...W-why..? Why did you have to do this to me..?"

Izuku couldn't see the wide smirk which had carved its way onto the villain's face.

"I lent that quirk to you as a gift and I expect something in return. I'd like repayment for aiding your journey into the UA Hero course since, well without me, you never could have passed that entrance exam..."

All for One paused in his stride, turning slowly towards where Izuku sat motionless on the ground; weary and exhausted for the events which had passed him.