The test of courage.

The training was hard, Aizawa-sensei deciding it was a good idea to wake them all up at 5 am for an early start, making them all focus their training on their quirks over the last two days. As their sensei had said, their quirks were like muscles and needed to be trained to their limit if they wanted to be successful heroes.

After only a few hours, even with the aid of his inhuman stamina, Izuku was already exhausted. Breathless, as he plonked himself down onto the ground for a rest, he could only imagine how tired the rest of his class felt.

He silently thanked the faded stars that using One for All didn't make him hungry on its own.

Panting heavily as he rolled onto his back, catching his breath, he couldn't help give a beaming, breathless laugh; nothing bringing down his euphoric emotional high.

Nothing, apart from more food he was expected to eat! Izuku couldn't help let out a small sigh of annoyance as the bowls of steaming, nauseating curry swirled around them; why did normal people have to eat so much!

He had already make excuses to skip out on their dinner yesterday and both breakfast and lunch earlier that day, and now it was starting to attract attention from his classmates; some of whom had started asking him if he still felt sick enough to eat dinner, to which he said he was fine and would eat dinner just to get them off his back.

Unfortunately in hindsight that wasn't a good promise to make because at this rate, he was going to have to follow through with his word; ugh gross...

Close his eyes and taking a deep breath, he tried to settle his stomach as he helped chop up a pile of carrots for their curry beside a silent Bakugou. Thankfully, at one point Ochako came over and offered to switch jobs with him.

"We can switch jobs if you want!" She called out to him with a smile as she lugged over lumps of wood, "I was just collecting some wood for the fire."

Izuku could almost sigh with relief as she gave him another means of escape from the unpleasant situation he had found himself in.

"Oh! Alright, sure!" He replied, a little surprised.

Ochako gave him a warm grin as she bounced over and genitally took the knife from his hand as he moved out of the way for her; not missing the way Bakugou was watching their interaction with something akin to revulsion, at what Izuku could only assume was from the cuteness of it all.

Some part of him almost wanted to laugh at that, but not wanting to stir up any trouble he just gave Uraraka a small smile of gratitude and a wave before jogging off to collect more logs for the fire; he'd have to remember to thank her properly later.

As he walked into the woods, the camp just visible in the distance, he couldn't help but feel at peace with himself. Everything was so calm, his feelings so genuinely happy and normal that it felt unnatural to him, and Izuku couldn't fault it once.

He took in a long deep breath, free from the polluted city air.

Things were truly starting to look up.

Ever since the Hosu attack, just two months ago, he hadn't seen any police, he hadn't needed to kill anyone thanks to both Hide and Kaneki.

He'd been apprehensive at first, terrified that Hide wasn't going to stick by and he'd have to go back down the path of a serial killer because even if he didn't like it, the reality was that was what he was...

He also knew that even with the help of Uraraka-san and Todoroki-san's help, he couldn't have held on much longer the way he was going; the scars on his arm from after the sports festival and the bitter feelings of disgust and horror he felt towards himself showing more than proof of that.