A sense of normalcy

The days after Uraraka had left his room, Izuku fell back into the daily routine the rest of his classmates were following, routed back into the fast-paced lessons the hero course had to offer as if nothing had ever happened.

The normalcy doesn't make him feel much better, but it helped him adjust to the kindness and care the heroes were doing for him. The lingering notion of isolation slowly faded away as he adapted to the new social aspects of his life which were falling into place. It had taken some time, but Izuku was slowly starting to feel more involved and wanted within his class, the missing feeling of belonging carefully repairing itself within his fragile heart.

The feelings certainly weren't coming back to him overnight, but it was progress, and progress was far better than nothing at all. Izuku was learning to live with it.

After the argument in his bedroom, Izuku had decided to stick to his word, as much as it pained him to have to place his problems upon his friends' shoulders. It was tough, each word that would leave his mouth each time he spoke would leave him feeling drained and tired but in the end, it worked; sort of.

There was little relief that could free him from the burdens he carried, but it was enough to allow him to slowly work towards the haphazard state he was in just before the summer training camp, a mix of both the happiness he felt with his friends and the undeniable memories which would haunt more so than every once in a while.

Thankfully, however, Uraraka was more than willing to listen and comfort him whenever the memories would become too much for him; the free time he had on his hands without the stress of food finally gave way for his mind to go through all unprocessed trauma, that had been stored away in the back of his mind.

The depressing and concerning acts that Izuku had made were kept silent between the pair of friends, Uraraka keeping what she saw that night in his bedroom a secret for his own sake of mind. It hadn't taken a genius for them to be fully aware of the possible consequences that would follow if their teachers found out, no doubt considering the circumstances that Izuku was in, even if the heroes had agreed to help him through it.

Izuku couldn't bare the thought of being confined once again, that thought alone leaving him in another spiral of anxiety and stress, breaking down in his bedroom with Ochako hugging him tightly only a few days after the night of the provisional licensing exam. The tingles of pain which should have been in his arm silently reminded him that no matter how much he repented, he would always be a part ghoul.

Slowly but surely izuku was able to integrate his social life back in with the rest of his classmates, finally bringing himself to talk to people in his class again after having a long talk with Iida; after Uraraka had pestered him every waking second of the day to talk with him.

It had become apparent very quickly after Iida had come clean, that he was unsure of where he stood with the situation Izuku had been cursed with; Midoriya, Uraraka and Todoroki spending an afternoon discussing their shared past in private.

The convocation had been long and tiring, but eventually, they had managed to come to some sort of level standing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't say I'm happy about who you are, or what you have done, but I've finally come to realise that our teachers wouldn't have let you back into UA if they had considered you a threat..."

The conversation had begun strained and tense, after Uraraka had finally convinced Iida to listen to Izuku's side of the story, Iida finally got his chance to put forward his own thoughts as Izuku had awkwardly sat in silence accepting everything that was said to him.

Iida had held a grimace tightly on his face as he had spoken, looking over to Uraraka for guidance about what to say, who quickly prompted him to continue with a small smile on her face.