31. seventh wheeling

I was reading my to-do list for the week at my locker when Leila interrupted, "hey, we still on for tonight?"

"Oh, that was tonight?" I ask, I already had plans made with Jordan.

"Heh, I guess not then," Leila chuckles.

I laugh with her, "I'm so sorry, it's just- Jordan and I planned this little date night thing," I shut my locker as we start to walk.

"Ooh no, it's no problem. How's he doing?" Leila asks.

"He's not clicking to well with the new coach, so it's been a lot of pressure, he's been busy," I explain.

"Yeah, I know what you mean, Spencer is definitely feeling the pressure at Crenshaw, you know at least last year he and Jordan had each other to talk to," Leila shrugs.

"Yeah, Jordan's never gonna admit it , cause he's stubborn as hell, but he misses Spencer being around the house," I tell her.

"Wait, ok, I have a bad idea," Leila proposes.

"Okay, sounds promising,"

"What if your date with Jordan became a double date with Spencer and me?" She asks.

"Jordan would never do that," I shake my head.

"Right. That's where the bad idea comes in. We don't tell them," Leila explains.

"Ooh," I laugh, "that is a bad idea, but maybe one that could work. I mean what do we really have to lose?"

"Our boyfriends?" Leila suggests.

"very true," I pause, "let's do it anyway."

"Yeah, ok, operation bad idea-"

"In motion," I finish for her giggling.

I see a girl walking towards us, "oh Vanessa, this is-"

"Ivie," I smile, "Ivie Blake, nice to meet you,"

"You too," Vanessa smiles.

"I gotta get to class, see you later," I wave continuing on to my class.

I was sitting at the cafe that night waiting for Leila, Spence and Jordan to show up. Leila and Spencer beat Jordan, not a big surprise there. "Hi! Look who it is!" Leila exclaims.

"Hi guys, I got us a 4-top," I point out the table.

"Great!"

"Leila what's going on?" Spencer asks his girlfriend.

"Don't be mad,"

"Jordan's running late, as usual," I sigh.

"This some kind of set up?" Spencer asks.

"Uh we prefer to call it a bad idea with good intentions," Leila rewords.

"Yes,"

"You know just the four of us, hanging out," Leila adds.

"And Jordan's cool with this?" Spencer asks me.

"Uh we're about to find out," I say with my teeth clenched.

"Hi guys," Olivia greets as her and Asher walk over to the three of us. "I didn't- I didn't realize this was like a double date, Jordan invited us,"