53. dance

Today was my first official day with the whole dance team at Ucla. I was soo excited. But Jordan convinced me last night to stay the night at the beach house and we'd carpool over to campus at 5:00 am, I dropped him off and then I drove to UCLA's campus. He gets done at 10:30 at night with only two breaks, which I think is outrageous considering I'm from 6:00 to 5:00 with one break that's an hour long.

"Here you are J, love you," I park the car.

"Bye babe, good luck today, love you!" He kisses my lips and gets out of my car.

I make the short 15 minutes drive over to the campus and get there 10 minutes before practice starts.

I walked in and everyone was already in there. I saw Katie. Oh shit I forgot to mention. Katie from cheer she's on this team. "Hi! Ivie right?" This tall brunette girl asked. She was so pretty.

"Yeah, hi," I shake her hand.

"Ok perfect everyone's here. Coach will be here in 15 minutes, for those who don't know I'm Brittney Richards, senior and captain and I can not wait to meet all of you guys," she smiles.

I go over and put my stuff down and change into jazz shoes. I stand by Katie and this other girl. "I'm Mal, I'm also a freshman," she greets.

"I'm Ivie, nice to meet you," I smile.

"Katie," Katie greets shaking her hand.

"Ok girls! Let's stretch!" Brittney announces. After we stretched/warmed up Coach got here. We all introduced ourselves and we got put into pairs randomly to perform a duet at the end of the week. I got put with Brittney. It was a competition you wanted the best routine. Coach was honestly scary. She reminded us that it will get harder she just wants to see our choreographing skills.

The rest of our day was ours to work so Brittney and I went to her place which had a big open space. "You're Ivie Blake? I've followed you on instagram forever you're so gorgeous,"

"Awh! Thank you! You're so sweet and I thought the same thing about you, so what are you thinking for the genre?"

"Well I'm best at jazz and hip hop, but whatever you want," she smiles.

"Ok Um what about hip hop then?" I ask.

"Sounds great! Let's get started," she puts her hair up. I'm gonna be honest it was a lot of harder moves and Brittney was super talented. It was rough work considering we wanted to win.

(This is their routine, pretend it's a duet)

So after dance I went to my parents house. Well my old house. It's so weird to say that.. anyways I had a quick meal with them then headed to the beach house where I met Jj and Asher.

"Jordan's not here Ives," Jj calls.

"I know chill, his practice isn't done for an hour, do you not have anything with coastal?" I ask.

"He does he's just not going," Asher answers.

"Okay then, I'm going to shower," I walk upstairs into Jordan's room.

I grab a hoodie of his and a pair of shorts from my dance bag. I step into the hot shower and clean every inch of my body. It's been awhile since I've sweat like I did today. I love the girls on my team though they're all so sweet. Especially Mal and Brittney. Of course Katie was too.

I stepped out of the shower and changed. I sat on his bed and watched a movie. He got home a couple minutes later. "Hey baby, how was dance?"

"Honestly it was tougher, they're great," I sigh.

"Yours was tough. I don't think you could imagine what I did," Jordan chuckles.

"What?" I ask, is he really out here comparing our sports?

"I'm just saying our practice is longer and involves more effort," Jordan sits on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah maybe, that doesn't mean I didn't have a tough day too," I look down at my lap.

"I'm sure some of your twirls were tough babe, I gotta shower, see you in a sec alright?" Jordan jokes.

"No I'm gonna go home, gotta get ready for my apparently easy day tomorrow," I scoff ignoring his sorrys as I slammed his door.

I'm not mad at Jordan. Okay I'm a little mad. But whatever I'm just gonna rest and I'll see him Friday they're last night in the beach house. JJ's having a small gathering. It's not like we'd spend a lot of time together these upcoming days anyways.

Friday-

We presented our dance to our team and we won! I genuinely believe it was because of Brittney, she's amazing. Jordan got done with his scrimmage so he said he could pick me up and ride over to the beach house together. It was the first time he's texted me all week. It's the longest I've went without speaking to him.

I come out to his car and get in. "Hey ivie,"

"Hey," I sit down.

"I'm sorry about my dumbass comments and I bought flowers for you the next day, but I thought you hated me so I didn't drop them off," he reaches back and hands me the white roses.

"I don't hate you, I just don't want us comparing anything," I sigh.

He starts driving, "yeah but babe I was wrong, I know dance is challenging, I'm an idiot. So how's your routine go,"

I give him a look, how'd he know I had a routine?

"Liv told me," he answers my confusion, "I needed to know how you were doing,"

"We won, apparently really hard practices start next week," I sigh.

We get to the beach house and find out Jj leased the house for another year. They all agreed to staying there. So I guess more nights here, we'll not to many because I have a nice apartment right on campus which I know Jordan will start occasionally staying at because we finally finished it

 So I guess more nights here, we'll not to many because I have a nice apartment right on campus which I know Jordan will start occasionally staying at because we finally finished it

Liked by Brittany.Richards and 935.7k others

Ivie.Blake: guess we'll have the beach house for another year

23.9k comments

Asher.Adams: and more toasts with JJ
-> Ivie.Blake: it's a package deal
  -> jj.parker: I agree

Jordan.Baker: damn that's a hot couple
-> Ivie.Blake: IKKK 😌

Brittany.Richards: cutie!!
-> ivie.Blake: 💕💕

Olivia.Baker: 🌅
-> Ivie.Blake: love me a sunset pic

Load more.....