21. someone you love

I was finally back in the routine of well, my life. I was back at school, and I was caught up. My parents were both home the past week helping me. Today they were leaving though, which always sucked.

"Ives! Come down here!" My mom yells up the stairs.

I see them and all their packed suitcases, I give them half smiles and give them both hugs.

"We have a gift for you," my dad smiles.

"What?" I ask.

"Let me go get it," mom moves to the back sliding door and she opens it. Two seconds later a little pup runs in.

"What? You got me a dog?" I say leaning down to pick up the puppy.

"You've always wanted one sweetheart, and you've been lonely lately, so we thought it would be good for you, we have all the supplies in the pantry," my mom explains.

"But we gotta head out," my dad kisses my forehead, "I'll be back in two days,"

I nod, "I love you guys,"

"We love you," my mom smiles.

They leave and I post a picture on Instagram of my new best friend.

Liked by olivia.baker and 165.4k others

ivie.blake: everyone meet milo 🐾

- also love this candid my dad took 🫶

21.3k comments

olivia.baker: awhh look at that guy !!

haylee.blake: MOM AND DAD GOT YOU A DOG!?

katie.grace: what a cutie!!

load more...

Time skip—

My doorbell rang and Milo was going nuts. It was like 9 at night and I was home alone. I look through my bedroom window and see Jordan.

I get out of my bed and go downstairs. "Shh, Mi, it's ok," I hush my puppy.

I open the door, "hey Jordan, what are you doing here?"

"Can I come in? Please?" He asks.

"Yeah- yeah of course, watch out for Milo, he's still training," I let him in and he follow me to my kitchen.

"Uh how's Simone? And the baby?" I ask.

"The baby is uh good but not mine," Jordan mumbles.

"What? Simone-"

He cuts me off, "yeah, she lied to me about the baby,"

"I'm sorry, Jordan," I give him a hug, "is she alright?"

"Am I hearing things? Is she alright? She lied to me- to us! We broke up because of this Vie!" He rants.

"She's pregnant and she knows your a good guy, what if the father is a bad person?" I ask, "don't get me wrong I'm still really pissed at her, she messed up us, but she's probably scared,"