38. anniversary

I walked into the baker home to see my boyfriend on his couch playing a video game. "Hey babe."

"Oh hey." He says not looking away from the tv. I sit next to him. Liv then strolls into the kitchen, "ya know I heard vitamin d is good for the body. Ya know like the real kind. Like from the sun. Jordan."

"What?" He asks.

"Dude it's been nearly 2 weeks of you in the same pajamas on the same couch in the same spot."

"Okay you care why?" He asks still focusing mainly on the tv.

"Well weren't you cleared for like light physical activity? I know it's not back on the field with your helmet on but I mean it's something and Ivie is here what happened to lighting up when you see her?"

"Yeah and playing injustice 2 is my light physical activity Liv."

"Well have you talked to your girlfriend she's sitting right next to you."

"Yeah I have. I said hi." Jordan exclaims.

"That's pretty much all I hear from him nowadays Livvie." I explain to the girl.

Mrs Baker walks in on the phone with a doctor.

"You know I can hear you right?" Jordan asks.

"How's everyone doing. Ivie hi."

"Hi coach." I smile.

Coach guides Mrs. Baker away from us. Olivia then leaves for some rehab talk. Jordan focuses right back in on the TV.

"Do you remember our one year?" I ask quietly. "Oh yeah. It's today right?" He asks.

"No it's tomorrow." I say quietly. "Sorry I haven't been paying attention about our relationship recently." He says and it makes my heart break.

"Oh." I mutter. "I didn't mean it like that vie." He says finally turning off the tv. "It's fine."

"No it's not i love you alright?"

I nod my head gently and kiss the side of his head and lay my head on his shoulder. He goes back to playing the video game and I go back on my phone and text Asher and JJ maybe they can get Jordan out of this funk.

We hear a knock at the door and it keeps repeating. "Could you get that?" He asks me. "Uh it's your house." I point towards the door. He sighs and stands up, "hold on"

He opens the door and turns around, "why are you here?"

"Good to see you too." Asher calls. "Ivie texted me."

"Really?" He whispers to me.

"You need to get out of this j." I say quietly.

JJ walks in right behind him. I see the tension between JJ and Asher.

Jordan sighs and goes back to his video game. "Big J! What's up brother?" JJ announces walking over to the couch. "Ivie texted you too?" Jordan asked.

"Uh yeah Spencer also called but I was going to come over anyway." JJ replies.

"Well newsflash gentlemen and lady I am fine. So you can report in and close the door on the way out" Jordan says still zoning in on the TV.

"I was going to hit the field do some light passing drills or something why don't you join?" Asher asks.

"Nah. I'm good."

"Come on man. I'll even join too and I bet Ivie would come huh. It'll be good you'll get that body back in shape." JJ says.