26. reliving the past

I just arrived at my new therapist's office. Today was my first session. I was really nervous but I'm hoping it'll be easy and stress free.

I check in and then sit down in the waiting room. "Ivie Blake,"

I smile and stand up following the nurse into the office. It had a black comfy chair where my therapist was sitting and a white couch. "Hey Ivie, take a seat,"

"Hi," I greet sitting down and putting my hands under my thighs.

"I'm Lyla, I'll be your therapist for however long you need," she smiles instantly comforting me.

I nod. "Let's start with the basics, I already know about some stuff including your accident,"

"Ok, yeah, what do you want to know?" I ask.

"Your family, and your friends, really anything on your mind about them or anything else," she responds.

"Ok, um I have a boyfriend, Jordan, our relationship was rocky, but now I think it's really good," I trail off.

"Can you explain rocky?"

"Uh, we broke up two times and got back together," I look down realizing that it was a little toxic.

"Why?"

"Uh well first he was going through a lot of family drama and he started partying and I was sick of his attitude, and I broke up with him during that period however, he slept around," I bite my lip.

"Continue," she nods.

"Um then I decided I wanted to get back together with him after he told me he stopped sleeping around, and it was really good, I was able to help him through his problems until one of the girls he slept with said he got her pregnant," I ramble and stop to catch my breath.

"How'd that make you feel?"

"Upset. Confused. We weren't together when it happened but I was still hurt. That lead to our second break up because I just couldn't be with him and he needed to be helping her," I sigh.

"Then later he found out she lied. It wasn't his baby. We were still best friends so we were hanging out then the shooting happened, he saw me get shot at and helped me out of the car," I pause feeling tears drip down my cheeks.

"Take your time,"

I sniffle, "he saved me, and he went in the ambulance with me. Next day after surgery we got back together and he stayed with me to make sure I wasn't alone up until last week, I love him,"

She nods slightly chuckling, "young love, I tell you,"

I laugh along, "I know,"

"How about your friend group?" She asks.

"I moved here and my friend group was so- welcoming," I smile at the thought.

"I first met Olivia- Liv, she's my best friend, Jordan's twin sister, then uh the only other girl in our group is Leila. She's so kind. Then the boys are Jordan, Spencer, Asher, and JJ,"

"Spencer and Olivia were involved with the shooting accident too?" She questions making sure her facts are right.

I nod, "yeah,"

It was an hour later, I just left my appointment.  I wanted to talk to Jordan about it so I headed to his place. It went good, just some tears here and there. Jordan would make me feel good about it.

When I get to the door I am surprised to see Simone. "Hi,"

"Hi?" I say in a questioning tone, "is Jordan here?"