39. future

I was at the bakers with Jordan, Mrs. Baker and Coach and my parents. We were having a brunch. Jordan and I made the plan to tell them about our marriage.

"Ok so Jordan and I have something to tell all of you," I speak up.

"Oh boy, you aren't pregnant are you?" My dad asks me.

"What no?" I scoff.

"Um ok look you guys are going to probably be very mad but we can't do anything about it, but Ivie and I got married in Vegas," Jordan spits out.

"You what?" My mom asks.

"You two are joking right?" Mrs. Baker asks.

I look down, "we were drunk ok?"

"Yeah that makes it better Ivie," Dad lectures me.

"You two are getting an annulment! I hope you know that!" Mrs. Baker states.

"Mom? What, why? It's been fine!" Jordan argues.

"Why? Because you two are seventeen and have been together for only one year," Mrs. Baker explains. Her phone kept going off. "Laura you can answer your phone it's alright we can talk to them." My mom says politely. "thank you." Laura answers, "hello."

"You two have to get an annulment," my dad tells us, "it makes the most sense, it'll be easier on you two, and then we can plan a big wedding when you aren't drunk and when you're old enough,"

"Shelby. Slow down I can't understand what your saying." Laura rushes. I immediately hold onto Jordan's hand. "Wait what? Right now" Laura gets up.

I hear the tv turn on. Jordan pulls me up with him and we stand in the living room a few feet from the couch. My parents and coach follow.

The footage of Tamika Pratt and the cops got released. "God." Jordan mumbles. I pull him close and hold on to his arm. Laura pauses the tv, "how the hell did they get the body cam footage?"

"I gave it to them." Liv admits from the steps. My eyes widen. I can't believe Liv did that.

Jordan and I walk up to his room and my parents leave. The baker parents wanted to talk to Olivia.

"Are you okay with getting an annulment?" Jordan asks.

"I mean Jordan it's not gonna stop us from getting married again, and we'll actually remember it and you can propose in a cute way, and we can be with all our friends and family," I shrug.

"Ok, I'm ok with it if you are," he nods.

"Ok," I smile, but I can still tell that he was bummed.

Later at School-

I saw Asher cleaning up the football field I needed to talk to him it was about Jordan and football I think he's hiding his pain. Our relationship is thriving but he's not ok and he's acting like everything is ok.

"Hey gotta second to talk?" I ask.

"What's up?" Asher asks.

"Jordan how does he seem to you lately like has he been acting like his normal self?"

"Well he's lost football and he's recovering from a concussion so I think he's doing the best he can."

"Yeah your right and of course the whole Tamika footage drama isn't going to help him either."

"Yeah. I gotta get to class."

"Yeah ok." I say as he walks off.

I drove to the cafe me and Jordan were going to study. It's been nearly an hour and Jordans barely said a word. "We can talk about it if you want." I start.