15. proud

It was Thursday, two days before the championship on Saturday. Jordan and I were at the beach. We haven't really talked since Saturday night. I mean we've texted and seen each other at school but not much more than that.

"So how've you been? How's your mom?" I ask sitting on the blanket we set out.

"Moms really strong, I- I don't know how. Um I've been alright," he sighs.

"Have you talked to your dad?"

"No, and I'm not going to," he shakes his head.

"Jordan- maybe you should talk to him, are you never going to actually talk to him again?"

"I don't know Ivie, I just need my girlfriend not a therapist," he snaps at me.

"I'm sorry, I just think that maybe you-"

He cuts me off, "I don't need your advice, you let me know when your dad has an affair and how you deal with it,"

"Jordan- what the hell?" I argue, "why are you trying to push me away, I promised I'd be here for you, always"

"I appreciate that, Vie, I really do, I just don't know how to deal with all of this and I'm taking it out on you," he rambles, "I'm sorry,"

"Hey, no it's ok, we don't have to talk about it, I just thought it could help," I grab his hands in mine.

"I love you," he smiles, "thank you for being with me,"

"I love you and like I said always," I kiss him. "You know what?"

"Hmm?" He asks.

"You could come to New York with me, I think Carson's going with Haylee, if you want i don't know if you want to be home or-" I stop myself from rambling to much.

"I'd love to Vie, I'll have to ask my mom, but if she says yes I will," he smiles, "I think it'll be fun,"

"Yay!" I give him a hug and he chuckles at my excitement.

It was now Saturday night. The big championship game. The cheerleaders and the football players all rode on the same charter bus down to Crenshaw High.

I got off the bus and started heading towards the girls locker room. "Ivie, wait up!" I turn around and see coach baker jogging towards me.

"Oh hey, Coach," I give him a half smile not sure with how to interact with him.

"Um I just wanted to say thank you, for all you've done for my family, since I've messed a lot up," he explains.

"Yeah, of course, I love your family so much," I smile, "and just give them time, you hurt them, and even though it was long ago for you, it isn't for them, they just found out,"

"I- I know, I'm trying, I'll try forever," he assures me.

"Well they'll forgive you, but you have major making up to them, you deserve another chance though," I shrug.

"Oh thank you, Ivie," he wraps his arms around me in a hug.

"Yeah, I'm still mad as hell at you for hurting them though," I mumble.

"Me too, Ivie," he says as we stop hugging.

"Better go," I point to the locker room and turn to go change and get ready.

dumb love ~ jordan baker जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें