22. living in fear

I was at the Bakers with Spencer and Jordan. Apparently, Coop has a gig tomorrow but she needs to sell all these tickets. "Hey I just got your text," Liv announces her presence sitting down next to me. "Coops having a concert tomorrow night?"

"Yeah," I nod.

"If we can help sell our share of tickets in time," Jordan adds still zoned in on the tv.

"We could go door to door in my neighborhood, split the tickets between me, you three and Dillon," Spencer throws out his idea.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm game. I mean I'll already be that way doing community work with Kia for SoLA muse and Asher's meeting me afterwards so maybe they can tag along as well?" Liv offers.

"Aight bet," Spencer nods.

"So are you and Ash like official?" I ask her.

She nods, "yeah, you two back together?"

"Nah, still just friends Olivia," Jordan sighs.

"Hands definitely say otherwise," she mumbles referring to our hands interlocked.

"It's a work in progress there," I correct.

"Well we better get selling tomorrow no funny business between all y'all," Spencer tells us.

"Tickets to what?" Coach Baker asks coming in the living room.

"Coop's performing at Bella Noche skating rink tomorrow night," Spencer answers.

"They reopening Bella Noche?" Coach exclaims, "yo that used to be my spot back in the day! I had these real blue roller skates, hammer pants, Gumby haircut, you couldn't tell me nothing,"

He rambles on more, "then skee-lo's I wish would come on," he starts dancing and I do my best to not laugh, "my skate moves were second to none, baby,"

"You had whose pants?" Jordan asks slightly concerned.

"And what exactly is a Gumby?" Spencer adds.

I point at Jordan and Spencer also confused. He ignores our questions, "you know what? We should all go roller skating tomorrow. My skates are at my pops house, I'll swing by, pick them up, five tickets please Spencer,"

He then leaves the room and I finally let out the laugh I was holding, "I love your guys' dad,"

"He's going to the nursing home early," Liv mumbles.

Jordan and I drove over to Spencer's together. It was just us, Liv, and Kia. "How was your visit  with Leila?" Jordan asks his sister.

"Good, fine," Olivia tries describing.

"What happened?" I ask.

"That bad, huh?" Kia asks.

"She flip out when she found out about you and Asher or what?" Jordan asks.

Liv mumbles, "I kinda didn't tell her, she's doing great though, but she's still hesitant about her recovery, and I don't want to say anything that might make things worse,"

"Well isn't transparency part of recovery?" Jordan asks.

"Yeah, you should just be honest with her and tell her the truth," I suggest.

The conversation is interrupted by Dillon complaining, "do I really have to go?"

"Yeah, man, Coop is depending on us," Spencer  says, "and it'll give me and you a chance to hang out, you can finally tell me what's really bothering you,"