Chapter 104

*1 Month 2 weeks later*

I roll over and snuggle into Neteyams chest. He smiles as he wakes and squeezes me into a tighter cuddle. Jeteyam has a sleepover with Nuwani and my parents last night so we got to have a lie in today.

"Hows my girls doing?" Neteyam croaks and places a hand to my stomach.

"Oh you think they're a girl now?" I say amused.

"You did say i'd change my mind" he chuckles.

"I guess I did, I feel good, that sleep was much needed" I laugh and he joins in.

"Definitely, thank eywa for grandparents" he jokes.

"Norm is coming today right? For my 4 month scan?" I ask.

"Yeah I believe so" he replies.

"I hope he stays for Jeteyams ilu ceremony" I say.

When a child is at a certain stage of their milestones they are ready to start ilu lesson and today Jeteyam and a couple of the other children are doing theirs. Then tonight there will be a ceremony where we all ride our ilus alongside the children to celebrate their achievement of bonding with their ilu.

"Im sure he will my love" he says smiling.

"He has done so much for us, and for Jeteyam" I smile back.

Just as I say that mother appears at the hut entrance with Jeteyam.

"Mama! Dada!" Jeteyam says as he runs at us both.

"Woah be careful son, don't forget mama has a baby in her belly" Neteyam calms our son and I smile.

"Thanks mom" I smile as my mother nods and leaves.

Jeteyam snuggles up with the two of us and stares at my now growing belly.

"What do you think baby is? Do you want a brother or sister?" I ask the curious toddler.

"Hmmmm I think I want..... a sister" he thinks then answers.

"Why is that my boy?" Neteyam asks.

"I want to protect her" he answers and my heart melts.

"Like you look after Aunt Kiri and Tuk and Uncle Aonung looks after Mama and Aunt Tsireya" he continues and my heart bursts.

"Oh you sweet sweet boy" I say pulling him in for a huge hug.

"Thats a good reason son" Neteyam says proudly and ruffles Jeteyam's wild hair.

"Ready to learn how to ride a ilu today?" I ask him with a smile.

"Yes!" he smiles and laughs.

"We have to sort out this mop first" I say twirling a strand of hair on his head. Neteyam and our son laugh.

Neteyam plays blocks with him and I sit behind him sorting out his hair. The only downside to having a child part Metkayina is this hair. It's wild and curly just like mine. I take my time brushing and detangling it and then I section it into rows. I braid each row and he doesn't complain once. He is such a good child. I finally finish and he looks just like his dad again. Because today is going to be a special occasion I go and grab one of Neteyam's anklets and wrap his hair into a ponytail so its not in his face while training. He loves his hair like this. Just like uncle Lo'ak... He even wanted the shaven side but no chance was I letting it go that far.

We finish getting ready and walk Jeteyam along the beach to the area of the island the children will learn to ride. We get there and give him a kiss bye before leaving him to train. We walk back hand in hand and as we walk along the sand we hear a helicopter in the distance. Norm.

"Perfect timing" I smile and we watch the helicopter get closer and wait for it to land. Norm greets us with a smile and hug and we help him with the equipment and take it to the hut. Well I try to but Neteyam won't let me carry anything heavy.

They set everything down and Norm sets up the machine. I lay down and wait anxiously to see our baby again. Norm puts the cold gel onto my belly and then the scanning thing. He swipes it across my belly and then we finally see the growing baby on the screen.

I look at Neteyam who is looking at the screen in awe with watery eyes. His reactions get me every time.

"Everything seems normal, baby and you look good" Norm smiles and wipes my belly clean while the picture prints. I smile and add it to the collection we keep once he hands it to me. I keep all our pictures in a box in the hut for safe keeping.

"Right, i'm going to put all this back in the helicopter then visit Jake" Norm says.

"Are you staying for Jeteyam's ilu ceremony?" I ask.

"Of course, wouldn't miss it" he smiles and walks out the hut.

A couple hours pass and it's finally time for the ceremony. 'I hope Jeteyam did okay today' I worry to myself.

Neteyam senses my stressing and squeezes my hand as we walk to the ceremony "He will be fine" he smiles. I smile back and continue to walk.

We get there and all the kids are in a line along the shore and everyone else groups on the sand to watch. Jake, Neytiri, Norm, mom, dad, Tsireya, Aonung, Lo'ak, Kiri and Rotxo join and we all watch Jeteyam proudly. The children one by one walk into the water and connect their tsaheylu's to their ilu and ride into the water and come back.

Finally its Jeteyam's turn and I hold my breath as he walks up to the ilu excitedly. He pulls his tsaheylu over his shoulder and connects it and climbs on effortlessly. He breathes in and closes his eyes then the ilu turns and goes into the water and Jeteyam rides it perfectly. I clap excitedly when he gets back and he smiles over at us and waves.

Once all the children have done its time for everyone to join them. I never had the heart to bond with another ilu since Miles killed mine so I ride with Neteyam. I climb on behind him and he holds onto my leg. We swim over to Jeteyam and smile at him. The horn blows and we all ride alongside each other for a while before making our way back to the beach.

We all get back onto the sand and everyone talks between themselves before slowly one by one na'vi start going home for the night. Neteyam carries our son home as he's super tired after his long day and we put him down for the night when we get back to the hut.

We lay down and Neteyam says "He definitely gets his skills from you" smiling.

"From both of us" I smile and place a hand on his cheek.

He leans in and kisses me then we settle for the night.