Chapter 54

I wake up and feel a strange feeling. Dread? Fear?... Guilt?

I get up and leave the hut for a morning swim. I walk to the water and dive in smoothly. I swim down to the seabed and look at the vibrant coral and shiny fish groups as they swim past me. So beautiful.

After a while I swim back to the beach.

*Neteyam POV*

I wake up and the hut is empty this morning. I stand up and stretch before walking out the hut. I see Lo'ak sitting on the bridge on the beach and I make my way over to him.

"What you doing baby bro" I ask him and squeeze his shoulders.

"Just chilling" he replies.

"I spoke to y/n yesterday by the way" he adds.

"Did you? What was said?" I ask in anticipation.

"She basically told me everything you told me, about Spider and not wanting to tell me because she thought I wouldn't believe her.... she also said why she didn't want to tell you" he says.

"Well?.." I say.

"She is worried you will get mad when you find out and do something stupid or go look for the colonel and get hurt or killed, same with our fathers" he says.

I sigh.

"I spoke to her though and I convinced her to tell you all" he says.

"I knew you'd be the one to get through to her" I smile.

He just smiles and looks out to the ocean again.

We sit in a comfortable silence for a short while then we see y/n swim through the water. No. She's gliding through the water. How can someone make swimming look so damn good?

She gets to the shore and walks out the water, her hair is dipping and she looks good.

Lo'ak nudges me and snickers at me staring.

I laugh and get up to go to y/n.

*Y/N POV*

I get out the water and start to walk along the beach to dry off a little. I hear a shift in the sand behind me and then some arms wrap round my waist and lift me up over their shoulder.

I know these defined blue back muscles from anywhere.

I laugh and shout "Put me down Neteyam!"

He laughs and continues to walk with me over his shoulder.

I nibble on his shoulder and he shouts "Ouch!" and loosens his grip on me, I fall backwards and he catches me before I hit the sand. We're face to face, inches between us. He is staring at my lips then my eyes and back to my lips intensely. He closes the space and leans in to kiss me. I kiss him back and he tightens his grip on my waist. I gasp and he explores my mouth with his tongue. I fight back and then nibble his bottom lip. I feel him smile against my mouth and he pulls away.

"Morning mighty warrior" he smiles and stands me up.

"Morning" I say and peck his cheek.

"How are you feeling today?" he asks as we continue to walk along the beach.

"Im okay, are you?" I ask.

"Better now" he smiles.

I blush and look at the sand ahead of us.