LXX

(Smut warning)

Ophelia's POV:

I examined myself in the mirror, in approval at the satin, blue velvet dress I had picked out for the date Roger was taking me on. Underneath was a matching blue velvet lingerie set that I bought a couple of days ago when I bought the dress.

Once again I hadn't been informed where Roger was taking me but he told me to wear something fancy, so I assumed it was probably a restaurant or maybe a museum. I clipped in a pair of silver hoop earrings, paired with a silver necklace around my neck.

When I heard the familiar honk of Rogers car outside, I grinned bashfully, and grabbed my purse and keys, rushing out of the flat and downstairs into his red chevrolet, where he awaited me, with a cigarette poised between his lips.

I opened the door of the car and sat in the passengers seat, buckling my seatbelt. "Hi." I breathed out, leaning over to press a kiss to his cheek. "You look beautiful." He commented, glancing over my appearance, letting out a low whistle, causing my cheeks to heat up and thank him quietly.

The drive was mostly filled with a comfortable silence, apart from Roger asking me now and then how I've been or what Castle Combe was like aside from all the drama that took place.

When we arrived, I looked out the window to see the new, fancy restaurant I've been hearing people talking about. But I also heard that it costs a fortune in there. Roger got out of the drivers seat and jogged around my side to open the door for me, holding out his hand for me to take. I smiled and placed my hand in his, allowing him to help me out of the car.

We walked hand-in-hand into the restaurant, with his fingers intertwined with mine, as a waitress saw us entering and walked over to us. "How may I help you?" The waitress asked, completely ignoring me and keepin her eyes on Roger, flashing him a small smirk, and practically batting her eyes at him.

"We have a reservation under the name Taylor." He said, ignoring her obvious flirtatious manner an efforts. "Right this way, Mr Taylor." She led us over to a table of two. "If you need anything else just let me know." She winked at him, before she walked away.

"Could she not see I was right here?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes, as Roger just laughed at my jealousy, pulling my chair out for me, before taking a seat in his own. "Don't be jealous. I have eyes for no one but you tonight." He smirked, picking up the menu and scimming through it. Tonight... He only ha eyes for me on weekends or when it's just us. Sometimes I forget our situation but it's little words like that, that remind me that I'm not the only girl in his life. And I sure as hell am hardly the main one.

"You alright, love?" He asked, picking up on the sudden change of mood that slapped my face.
"Hm? Oh, I'm alright." I assured, offering him a small smile. He just reached his hand over to holding mine, bringing it to his mouth, brushing his lips over my knuckles, making me genuinely smile.

"So, how has your work been?" Roger asked, leaning forward, with his elbows on the table, in interest.

"It's been going well, I've been working on a few magazines and short stories." I told him, before the waitress returned to take our order, continuing to try and flirt with Roger, who still ignored her.

"Christ, most girls would've gave up by now." I chuckled, when she walked away again, with our orders in her notepad.

"Well, most girls can't resist my charm." He smirked smugly, as I just playfully rolled my eyes at him, smiling as I could feel his foot playfully kicking mine. "Fuck off!" I began laughing, as I kicked his foot back. We were kicking each other under the table, acting like kids, before the waitress came over, interrupting us by setting our drinks down, shooting us judgemental glares.