XXIX

I woke up in bed, fluttering my eyes open. The side next to me was empty, and I thought Roger had left. I wouldn't blame him. Ian would probably be back any minute, now. We didn't exactly need our cover blown after just 12 hours.

I sat up on the bed, rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes, yawning. I stood up, with a blanket wrapped around me.

I walked out of the bedroom, to see Roger facing my stove, cooking- attempting to cook something, with his back facing me, he flipped his head around, smiling.
"You're up."

"Yeah. What time did you get up?" I asked, jumping up on the counter, next to the stove.

"I got up just less than half an hour ago, I think. I'm making you breakfast." He smiled, and I gave him a smile back, leaning into kiss his cheek. I pray, he got better at cooking.

"Do you need any help?" I asked, hoping not to get food poisoning.

He thought about his reply for a moment, before sighing and giving in.
"Yes." He admitted, shamefully, and I grinned, hopping off of the counter.

He got out of the way, andI stood in front of the stove, while his arms encircled from behind me, kissing my neck.

"Are you even listening to what I'm trying to teach you?" I asked, in between laughter, from the way his lips felt ticklish on my neck.

"Nope." He said, popping the 'p'.

We sat down and ate breakfast. He helped some parts, in the making of it. And it didn't turn out terrible.

"We have another tour coming up soon. I think it'll be about in a week or so. Will you be coming with us? Morgan, Raven and Willow already said they could make it, but Mary and Chrissie have work and Ronnie can't go for obvious reasons." Roger told me. Veronica had just recently found out she was pregnant, and couldn't travel all the way to America.

"Of course, I'll be there. Any opportunity of pissing Jane of, I'll take it." We both laughed.

"So, how do you feel?" He asked, taking a bite of his fried eggs.

"About what?" I asked, taking a sip of tea.

"About your decision, about us." He elaborated.

"Oh.. I feel fine." I shrugged, hiding my faltering mask, behind my mug.

"Spence.." He said, knowingly. I sighed, looking down at my tea.

"I do feel slightly guilty. And nervous. In case we get caught." I told him, truthfully.

"I promise you, we won't get caught." he reached over and held my hand, in attempt of comforting me.

"You can't be so sure. It just takes on word or move for us to slip up." I told him.

"What's the big deal anyway? Our friends wouldn't care, and Ian's a dick anyway." He shrugged. It's easy enough for him to say. He's single, he's not the one who needs to constantly worry about slipping up.

"Rog.. I don't want people to find out. Besides, what if people did find out I was cheating on my boyfriend, and having an affair? What would that say about me." I stressed, and he could tell I was already over thinking things.

"Listen to me. I will make sure nobody find out." He caresses then back of my hand.
"I have to go now. Before Ian does get back. But I'll call you later, all right?" He picked up his jacket, and kissed my cheek, walking out.

I held my head in my hands, trying to process everything that just happened in the past 13 or 14 hours.

It had been 10 or 15 minutes and I was tidying up dishes, while I had 'Coronation Street' on the TV, before I heard a knock at the door. It couldn't be Ian. Why would he knock. Maybe Roger left something.
I walked over to the door, twisting the knob, and opening it.

"Did you forget somet-" I started, before realizing it wasn't Roger. It was Christina.

We stood there in silence for a moment, as I tried to contemplate reasons on why the fuck she was at my doorstep.

"What are you looking at?" She asked, folding her arms.

"I don't know. But it's looking back." I said, already pissed off.

She rolled her eyes, ignoring my remark. "Is Roger here?" She questioned.

"Why would Roger be here?" I tried to make it not sound obvious I was nervous at the mention of Roger.

"Because, sweetie, he left abruptly yesterday and hasn't returned any of my calls. And when I went to his house this morning, he wasn't there, so I figured he was with you." She explained to me.

"Well, that's Roger for you. And how did you even get my address anyway?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"It wasn't that hard." She shrugged.

"Okay... Well, he's not here, so... bye." I said, as she turned around and left.

I sighed. I needed to talk to somebody about everything that happened. So, I dialed Raven, since she was the only one who knew about Roger and I.

"Hello?"

"Remember I said it was a one time thing and it's not gonna happen again? I was wrong."