XXV

My notebook was almost full of poems and stuff for Roger. I thought maybe talking to him would stop these impulsive thoughts, but it only seemed to hav the complete opposite effect, increasing them, instead.

It's been a few days since I last heard from Roger- or from anyone in that case. I spent most of the time, with Ian, and feeling guilty about Roger.

I was still with Ian, though, and I felt utterly guilty for thinking of Roger when I was with him.
Right now, Ian was on the couch, watching the TV, while I rested my feet on his thighs, writing about Roger to ge him out of my system.

I couldn't believe, I was writing about another guy, while I was right next to my boyfriend.

Ian was softy carressing my knee, and I could feel his eyes watching me, so I looked up to meet his eyes.

"What're you writing about?" Ian asked, resting his head on the couch.

"Oh- nothing. Just poetry." I shrugged, hopin to leave it at that.

"What about?" He asked, seemingly interested.

"Not sure. I can't think of anything to write." I lied, my shoulders tensing up, like they always did when I tell a lie.

"Really? You seemed like you were writing just a second ago." He pointed out, and I grew even more tense.

"I was just trying stuff out. Didn't really like it, though." I told him, and he nodded, going back to watching the TV, while I silently let out a sigh of relief.

I heard the telephone ringing, and I stood up to go answer it.
"Hello?"

"Ophelia? It's Morgan. We're all going down to the pub for Queen's gig and afterparty. Will you be there?" She asked, while I could hear her boyfriend Kirk in the background trying to talk to her.

"Sure, I'll be there. Could I bring Ian this time?" I asked, and I could actually hear her tense up in frustration at my request.

"Tell her no!" I heard Raven yell, makin sure I heard. I rolled my eyes, as I looked over at Ian to make sure he didn't hear her.

"Of course, you can." Morgan said, faking politeness, as she nervously chuckled.
"Are things going well for you two now?" She asked, probably confused to why I would invite him.

"Yeah. Better than usual." I told her, smiling. Although it was almost like a forced smile, as if I were trying to fool myself.

"Oh... Great. I'll see you there, then. Bye Phee." She said, before telling me what time to be there, and hanging up.

"Who was that?" Ian asked, glancing over his shoulder to look a me, as I walked over to sit beside him, again.

"It was Morgan. She invited us to the gig at the pub, just down the road." I told him, to which he looked rather confused about.

"She invited us? I thought she hated me." He said, lookin uninterested in going.

"She doesn't hate you. Will you please go with me? There's an after party, as well." I told him, prompting him to groan.

"Why can't we just stay in here and order takeout or something?" He asked, holding both my hands, with a grin in his face, in an attempt to convince me.

I chuckled slightly. "Ian, we've spent the past few days in the flat. I haven't seen the girls or the band since the tour. Will you please just come to the gig with me? We don't even have to stay long for the after party! Please?!" I begged, hoping he'd agree on the night out.

He sighed, rolling his eyes. "Fine." I grinned, hugging him, before jumping off the couch, and rushing to get ready.