LIII

It was Sunday and I was getting ready for Roger and Dominiques wedding rehearsal. I wore a short, baby blue, satin dress, a white cardigan, and blue tights, with a blue leather purse in my hand, with a pack of Red Marlboro, my keys, and a few other essentials held in my purse.

I jumped a taxi and told the driver where the rehearsal was taking place. My nerves were slightly jumbled up, but I tried to clear my mind, by rolling the window of the taxi down, and taking a cigarette out from my purse, placing it between the corner of my lips, as I took my lighter and lit it, taking slow drags, to keep myself calm.

When the taxi pulled over, I paid the driver, grabbed my purse and got out of the taxi, looking up at the building in front of me. I waited a moment, taking a deep breath, before I walked inside.

As soon as I entered, Dominique looked over in my direction from the sound of the door opening, smiled brightly and walked over to me.
"Ophelia! I'm glad you could make it! Thank you for coming!" She said happily, as she kissed both of my cheeks, with her arms holding mine, with a warm smile on her face.

"Thank you for inviting me." I said, quiet-ish, while smiling at her. "The place looks really nice, by the way." I complimented, as I looked around.

"It does, doesn't it? Roger organized most of it. Which I was really thankful for, since I've been doing most of the other stuff. Honestly, I was surprised when the place actually turned out quite decent." She joked, prompting me to laugh slightly.
"Well, I have to go set some stuff up. The booze is over there, enjoy yourself." She advised, smiling, as she soon left me to go and help a few of the men who were still setting the place up.

I walked over to where Freddie, Brian, Chrissie, John, and Ronnie were already standing. Raven and River had walked in hand-in-hand together over to us, not long after, soon followed by Morgan and her new boyfriend Dave. And Willow would probably be late as she usually is.

We didn't have that much time to talk, just a few greetings and mindless chatter, before Willow and Elizabeth had made it just in time for the Rehearsal to start.

We all took our seats, I sat down beside Freddie and Morgan, and watched as Dominique and Roger stood together at the altar, joining their hands together. Dominique was just wearing a pretty, black dress, and Roger wore black jeans and a white button up.

The two looked at each other, lovingly, and I twitched my eye unintentionally at the sight.
The priest walked over to them, holding a bible, as he began reciting the intro of the wedding, before he got to the vows.

"Repeat after me: I, Dominique Beyrand,"

"I, Dominique Beyrand," She began, looking up at Roger with love-filled eyes.

"Take thee Roger,"

"Take thee Roger,"

"As my lawfully wedded husband,"

"To have and to hold from this day forward"

"For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part."

"Now, you repeat after me just the same: I, Roger Taylor,"

"I, Roger Taylor," Roger sounded a little drowsy, and absent-minded, as he spoke, continuing to smile down at the woman in front of him.

"Take thee Dominique"

"Take thee Ophelia-" Roger's smile quickly vanished, as he realized what he had said. My eyes widened as I heard my name, and I could feel almost everyone's eyes on me. He cleared his throat and chuckled, quickly correcting himself.
"Take thee Dominique,"

I had completely zoned out when he repeated the vows, as if nothing happened. I swear I had to have imagined because there's no way I heard my name pass his lips.

After the rehearsal was basically over with, we all stood up, and clapped, like we would at the real wedding. There wasn't really a party, it was just something to eat. But I could hardly stomach anything. I had excused myself to the bathroom, and just sat in the stall, with my head in my hands.

"Ophelia? Are you in there?" I heard a gentle knock on the other side of the door, followed by Dominique's voice. She didn't really sound angry, but I felt nervous after what had happened.

"Yeah! Give me a minute!" I called, quickly recomposing myself, before standing up, and unlocking the stall. When i opened the door, she just gave me a kind smile, and I felt even more guilty than I should. "Dominique, I'm really sorry-" She cut me in half, before I could finish.

"Phee, you don't have to explain yourself to me. I know about you and Roger. He told me after the party that night when we were first introduced." She smiled, gently taking my arm to lead me out of the stall and over to the sink.
"I get it. It must be hard seeing your first love with another woman. And believe me, you didn't half to attend at all, if you thought it was going to be hard on you. I just invited you because- well, I want us to be friends. Or sort of friends if you want to. And I'm not mad at Roger or you for him getting names mixed up. You were his first love, and sitting in the audience of his wedding rehearsal. I probably would've got mixed up too." She chuckled, as did I.

This woman has to be most understanding and kindest person I've ever met. She didn't have an ounce of anger or hatred in her. Not from what I've seen anyway. I smiled at her, and she pulled me into a hug, before helping me recompose myself, and leading me back outside.

Authors note
Sorry this chapter is kinda shorter, it was a bit rushed. And also credits to my friend, YourL0calSunnyD who gave me the idea from that friends episode.