I

April, 1974

His eyes.

That's what Intrigued me at first glance, they didn't match up with the rest of his features. He had this playboy persona and look about him on and off stage, and from a distance he looked badass, but his baby blue eyes gave him away- softened the rest of his features.
The way they looked into mine was enough to take my breath away, and stain a rosy-coloured blush on my cheeks.

The way he played the drums, so roughly, yet gentle was mesmerizing. The faces he'd pull off, while battering the drums, made my knees wobble, but nothing compared to the breathtaking eye contact I made with him.
I would be the first to look away, trying to regain breath, but when I'd look back up, his eyes would still be on my facial features or my figure.

It felt as if I were in a trance when I looked at him, he just looked too good to be true. It was difficult to take my eyes away from him for a single moment.

His choice of style was a tad questionable, but he pulled it off, effortlessly, wearing tight denim jeans, a floral-button up, with the first three or four top buttons undone, and a belt.

On occasion, there would be the odd cigarette, dangling from his perfect, pink lips, whenever he had a chance to reach into his pocket to grab one, during the show.

Who knew someone breathing in nicotine could be so attractive and hypnotic, with absolutely no effort, he just did it. The way the smoke cloud danced around the air before fading was eye catching to me. I wasn't sure why, but I always became fascinated when observing people smoke- especially the blonde drummer.

He looked that perfect, that he made me forget I was here with my friends, or even that I had a boyfriend, who was probably sitting at home, either drunk, or at a pub - drunk.

"Opheeelia..." the quiet voice of my friend, Willow snapped me out of my daze, that I hadn't realised I'd been in for a short while.

When I looked around, there were three pairs of eyes on me, and I slightly blushed in embarrassment, trying to distract myself from the drummer, with anything.

"It seems someone might fancy the drummer" Raven pointed out, raising her brows, in possibly, true assumption, while she dubbed out a cigarette in an ash tray beside her, that sat on a small wooden table.

"Be quiet. I haven't even met him, don't know his name" I shrugged, folding my arms, acting like I wasn't just drooling over the blondie on stage. "Oh, plus I have a boyfriend" I added, remembering I was currently in a relationship of 2 years.

"What? That dickhead, Ian? I'm team drummer boy" Morgan declared, furrowing her eyebrows, and gesturing with her hand, looking back and forth, between the drummer and I, while swirling around her vodka and coke, that was attached to her hand.

I rolled my eyes at their typical behavior and stood up, with my empty glass, and stumbled over to the bar, slightly drunken.
"Can I have a tequila sunrise? Please? Thanks" I smiled at the bartender, who was currently pouring my drink.

I looked behind me, to see the band walking off of the stage, waving to everybody, as three of them headed backstage, while the blonde drummer made his way over to the bar.

I quickly turned my head back, continuing to wait on my drink, tapping my foot to the beat of the song that was currently playing, while looking around the bar, patiently.