XI

May, 1974

"Sure you don't want a lift to the airport?" Ian asked, standing from the doorway, observing as I finished packing up, looking semi-sober.

"I told you." I grunted, lifting the now packed suitcase up. "Ravens taking me, Willow and Morgan to the airport. I'll be back in a month or so. Love you" I told him, kissing his lips quickly, with my eyes opened, as I threw my bag around my shoulder and strolled my suitcase along, as I heard the familiar honking noise of Ravens car.

"That's it? A quick 'love you' and a pathetic kiss goodbye?" He asked, following me to the front door. I sighed and turned around to face him.

"I don't have time for anything else. I'll see you soon" I said, watching as he scoffed, shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

"Right. Well, enjoy Colorado. See you when you get back" He planted a kiss on my cheek, before turning around and walking away, while I sighed, walking down the steps of the flat, and outside to see the car waiting for me.

"Fucks sake, about time" Raven impatiently said, with the hood of her car down, Morgan was in the passenger seat, with sunglasses on, since it was actually sunny in the UK for once, while Willow was in the back, reaching over the front to mess around with air conditioning.

"Why is it so fucking warm? We're in England for Christ sake!" Willow complained, smacking the air conditioning, that obviously was hardly working.

"Watch you don't fucking break that!" Raven warned, pointing a finger directly at Willow, who rolled her eyes and slouched back in the seat.

"Where are the boys and Elizabeth?" I asked, getting in the back with Willow, sitting behind Morgan, as I hugged my arms around the head of her seat, leaning my head against it.

"Wasn't enough room for them. They told us to just let you and Willow find another car. Can you believe them? The absolute cheek" Raven tutted, sarcastically, as she changed gears, while Willow was fanning herself with her hand.

"We should've, we wouldn't have waited as long" Morgan joked, prompting me to smack her shoulder, making her chuckle lightly, as Raven pulled out of the driveway.

꧁꧂

We arrived at the airport after a dozen stops at gas stations, from Ravens crappy car unable to hold much gas for long.

"It had absolutely nothing to do with the car... It was the petrol there wasn't enough!" Raven defended, dragging her suitcase through the airport.

"Raven, we stopped at 10 gas stations. They couldn't of all ran out of petrol" I rolled my eyes.

"It was 13" Willow corrected, making me look behind my shoulder to glare at her. "I started counting after the fifth" she shrugged.

"It doesn't matter. We're here now. Wouldn't be surprised if they were already on the plane and left us behind." Morgan stated, cocking an eyebrow, scanning the airport, filled with loads and loads of people, until she spotted everyone already waiting for us.
"Or maybe they waited." She shrugged, as we followed her to where everyone was standing.

"Finally! For a moment I thought you weren't coming!" Freddie exaggerated, hugging each of us individually, before looking absolutely pissed off a us.

"What!?" I asked, as his death glare was rather pointing towards me than anyone else.

"I'm assuming you're the reason you didn't make I on time." He guessed, shaking his head.